3000 mile Testarossa on ebay... | FerrariChat

3000 mile Testarossa on ebay...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by zwodubber, Feb 1, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    You gotta admit, it's a beautiful car.

2. TopMonkey

TopMonkey Karting

Mar 14, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Full Name:
    Joel C.
    It almost doesn't even look real. Kind of like a perfect 1:18 or something.

3. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Gee, do you think the seller talked it up enough? I think he left out the part about exactly what color of overalls the assembly line worker was wearing the day that he bolted the wheels on the car.

4. speedy

speedy Formula Junior

Oct 18, 2005
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    James Gardner
    I stopped reading when he said:

"I purchased it Dec. 22, 2004 as an investment"
    and
    "Sources tell me this car will be worth $125,000 to $130,000 in a few more years in it's present condition"

Just scrolled down to check out the pics. It looks like a pretty nice car.

5. Kingpin328

Kingpin328 Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    I was gonna say a very well reworked Pocher, but we were thinking the same thing.

Hey, what's with those dull floormats? Can't be original, can they? And the brown upholstery seems to be rather inconsistent in colour. Is that rust on the airfilterbox, below left? What a waiste of a beautiful car. Hope someone will fix it and drive the .... out of it!

6. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    "Sources" should have told him to pay that for a 512M if he wanted an investment! LMAO - nice car, but wrong color for the 'average' collector and he got hosed on his purchase price! I hope he's ready for a bath!

7. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Yeah I too thought the car looks unreal. I'd love to see it in person. It does look stunning in the pics. If the lighting were better it might look more "normal". I had a ZR-1 Corvette that I used to keep looking like that. I was a slave to the car, it owned me.....I didn't own it. Awesome to see and people would oooh and aaaaah but after a while that wasn't enough compensation for all the hours and toil that went into that car. I try and keep my TR about 90% there......

It is a very nice looking car, and if the mechanics are good, it's worth a pretty decent price for TRs...probably $65k to maybe $75k. Okay...now that I've opened up Pandora's box on prices......let's hear the stories of all those cheap TRs for $35k out there that are just as nice as this one!

8. psmaia

psmaia Karting

Oct 26, 2005
    greenwich, conn.
    Full Name:
    Paul Marchese
    wow...yes...

9. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I would only buy a TR to drive, so I don't think I'd pursue the car. 1) - I wouldn't want to pay the premium for a "time-capsule piece", and 2) - I can appreciate show cars for what they are, and think that someone else (a waxer) will get lots of trophies with this TR. I'd want to drive it, but I couldn't let myself knowing I'd only be damaging the car.

Now...if I *were* a concourse kinda' guy, you bet your sweet Aspercreme I'd buy it!

10. Darkhorse575

Darkhorse575 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #11 Darkhorse575, Feb 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This car is tough to value . In this condition its worth the same as slightly less than average 512TR or an average 355 Spider/(F1 berlinetta?) maybe a high mile off color Euro 360 Coupe? Without red paint I would make this a daily driver. Its shame that this car has been sitting. The fit and finish really do look dealer new. All the resto reapolstered and respray cars never look this good.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That's funny...I was thinking that black is the *exact* reason NOT to DD the car. That's not to say that black cars can't be driven daily, but something this pristine? No way.

12. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Dam it looks good. I wish I had more money and I wasent 16 Id buy it in a heartbeat. Its a very nice color to me and its so hard to keep clean.

13. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Nice TR---Wonder what he expects to get??

14. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    LOL!

15. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    IT LOOKS LIKE A NICE CAR. NOT PROPER FLOOR MATES COULD BE THE ORIGINAL IS UNDERNEATH IT?? MOTOR LOOKS ORIGIANL NICE CONDITION. LEATHER IS ORIGINAL TOO.. PAINT LOOKS ORIGINAL. MOST FERRARI TESTAROSSA, CAME WITH BROWN DASH UPPED AND LOWER PARTS. MINE HAD BROWN DASH TO.. SOLD IT WITH 4,500 ORIGINAL MILES... ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO.. SOLD IT FOR $77,000 ...HAD IT FOR FIVE YEARS..
    BOUGH IT WITH 900 MILES...
    JOHN

16. patpong

patpong Formula 3

Jul 6, 2004
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    Patpong Thanavisuth
    a real museum piece...

17. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Worth $130K in a few more years.....LOL !!!! Does he know there are 7,000 of these babies running around ?

18. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

Sure. Set of tires and a set of timing belts and you have a brand new TR. But at 125 he might as well be selling beach front property in Kansas.
    At 75 or MAYBE 80 someone will step up.

Black/Tan does not photo all that well but looks good in person.

And someone tell him he didn't invest anything, he SPENT.

19. Ciao Bello 348

Ciao Bello 348 Formula 3

Oct 3, 2005
    The Garden State, US
    Full Name:
    John C
    I think the car is gorgeous and he took great shots and used a great camera. I agree the car is priced not to move. If he wants that kind of money, he will have to hold out for a museum/true collector that just doesnt care about $$$. I didnt read all the way into it so I dont know if he disclosed his reserve. If he paid/spend $92500 since Dec 2004, then he isnt a penny pincher by any means and will end up losing a few bucks.

Car is gorgeous in black, i think. Id be a player in the $60's. A few bucks more will get me a 512TR with 11,000 more miles and a recent full service.

Just my opinion..

20. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Moved to the appropriate sub-forum.

21. Fred2

Fred2 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 2, 2005
    nj
    If Ferraris ever hit again, I'm sure this one would go for big bucks at a Barrett Jackson type auction.
    Low miles and pristine seems to bring big coin.

22. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    This car belongs to a museum, it looks too perfect and too clean. If someone decides to buy it to drive it, he will probably encounter serious problems and its value will drop way too much in my opinion. Barrett-Jackson is where it should have sold, a lot of museum buyers out there with deep pockets.

Stephane
    Scaledetails

23. F1 MONZA

F1 MONZA Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2004
    California
    Full Name:
    John
    I CONTACTED THE SELLER TODAY. REGARDING THE 1988 TESTAROSSA.
    HE BOUGHT THE CAR FOR 92,000 PLUS SOME CHANGE.. HE WOULD SELL THE CAR FOR 91,000 USD ... WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK IS IT WORTH THAT PRICE? HE SAYS IN FIVE YEARS WILL BE WORTH MID 130,000 OR MORE??
    HAPPY BIDDING

24. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane

$79K would be about market, anywhere higher is 512TR territory. If he is so sure, why doesn't he hold on to it another 5 years? I wouldn't count on it.

Stephane
    scaledetails