308 1980 Bulb Pot Interior | FerrariChat

308 1980 Bulb Pot Interior

Discussion in '308/328' started by Andrew McCrae, Jun 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Andrew McCrae

Andrew McCrae Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    I am wondering if anyone knows what the interior of the bulb pot should be for an early 1980 Euro Carb Car please? Just wondering how many bulb holders. I'm looking to buy one but probably one close in appearance and colour as Im not going to spend a huge fortune.
    Ah sure while I'm asking, what colour should it be. I've searched this forum but not totally clear although I now know exactly what screwdrivers I should have.

2. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Andrew McCrae likes this.
  3. Andrew McCrae

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    Thank you Walt. I've been looking at the www and if all were to be believed 308s had every colour in the rainbow.

This looks good though because all the other bits match mine. Although mine is euro. I expect it needs to hold one of every bulb and one of every fuse.

4. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
  5. Andrew McCrae

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    Perfect Martin. I don't think any more responses needed.

This "Rotor" ones are rare indeed. I think I'll just try get the right size base with any kind of green.

6. Andrew McCrae

Jun 5, 2016
    Ireland
    Perfect Martin. I don't think any more responses needed.

This "Rotor" ones are rare indeed. I think I'll just try get the right size base with any kind of green.

7. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    The green "Rotor" is indeed absolutely correct and the most typical; this is not to say that the factory might not have thrown another type in here and there, from time to time, but with a green "Rotor" you'd have the best standard.

Rgds

Andrew McCrae likes this.
  8. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    BTW. There once was an ultrarare item inside my bulb box, which I gave away for free to a frenchman while I suffered a stupidity attack. A yellow glass sheath for the H4 bulb.
    Bruno,
    were those glass sheaths still existent in the 328 era or did they use yellow H4-bulbs for the french cars?

Best
    Martin

9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have to check, as I changed the bulbs of my '89 GTB as soon as I got the car: I was seeing absolutely nothing at night...I changed for german "Narva" H4s, which are white and much better (at least, enough for coming home at night from time to time...)
    I think those on my car were yellow bulbs, although I know that some cars still did have the yellow sheath on the white bulb. The original bulbs are still "somewhere", I shall check.

Rgds

10. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.