308 carpet kit | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308 carpet kit

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by ria, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    here is the before on passenger side

2. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    After on Pass side showing foot pad under Monigramed Mat

3. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Pass. Mat

4. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Drivers side removable mat that fits perfect

5. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The way the carpet sets are laid out; in several places there are three or four edges that intersect/line-up giving it a very original/well designed look. It did take a little trimming under the door sills? and cutting holes for seatbelt/engine compartment pull but really a piece of cake if you take your time. I also weighted down several parts for a better fit.

The worst part: the fumes from the glue would only allow me to do one piece at a time. took one whole week during snowy weather ( only about half hour prep and 10 min gluing each day)

I removed all the screws from the console but only took off the front part and was able to slide the carpet under the entire console and replaced the screws. There is a full rubber pad under drivers feet but no pic yet. I thought about buying by the yard but am glad I went with the precut with the borders as they really add detail.

Please keep in mind that I am the type that also bought original Michelin XWX's for 187 British Pounds a copy. 1,600 usd with shipping. Not the smartest purchase I ever made! I guess I am trying to keep her OE.

6. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    The carpet that I removed had very minimal rubber pads. I dont know if they were OEM. I would like to see a pic of OEM pads.

7. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Guys Ferrari UK has the heel pads for sale...OEM. They also have COMPLETE carpet sets and the prices are fair. I was going to get a complete interior for the GT4 at only $150 pounds, unfortunately they only had tan, I needed black so I passed it on to another GT4 owner. He's received it and from what I can tell it is perfect.

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister

At the moment I don't have the ability to resize my digital photos to the right size for posting. Also I've been on vacation for a while and I guess I don't know what this new f-chat format will let me do so I'll have to look into that. I do have pics I just can't get them where I want them right now, sorry.
    As for the quality it's certainly not whilton wool. It's more of an mid level grade you'd find with street rods and such. Which is exactly what I wanted for the use my car was going to get. It's all I could find locally and the price was right for my application.

9. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    anybody got a carpet kit from AUTO MAT out of new york ?

10. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    auto mat price karpet kit + lether trim on door panels at $ 630

11. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Taken inside at low light cheap video Not near as nice a pic as Slag's but looks real nice in good light. It has been raining in Salem for 12 days straight!

12. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    tryin to load video

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name: