308 Clutch Time & Tool | FerrariChat

308 Clutch Time & Tool

Discussion in '308/328' started by mike308gts, May 17, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mike308gts

mike308gts Karting

Aug 28, 2006
    Washington NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #1 mike308gts, May 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well it's time to replace the clutch on my 79 308. Last year I went through the adjustment procedure and it lasted awhile but it's time for a new one. Read the threads on replacing it and it didn't look too bad so I started it yesterday. I figured if it was too hard I could always put it back and take it to a shop. Well all is well, looks to be a fairly easy job so I am moving forward. Now I need th socket for the ring nut. Is anyone willing to loan me one? I will gladly pay a fee and shipping. If someone has one locally that would be great. I live in Northwest New Jersey. Thanks.

Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    mike don't forget to replace the 3 Orings once you get the bell housing off ..........good luck

3. RossoGTS

RossoGTS Karting

Oct 21, 2007
    Berks UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi, You should be able to remove the ring nut with a big punch, assuming you are going to replace it on the rebuild? Dont forget to punch out the indentations on the nut to shaft ,they stop it coming loose. I did my mondial a few years back didn't have the ring scoket to do up the new nut but made one from a old socket by grinding four lugs, cant remember the size , but a search on here with throw it up, just make sure the new nut has the same od as the old one as mine was different.
    Good Luck

cheers
    Mark.

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Mike,
    The socket is available from Baum Tools. I own one and will be happy to loan it to you in exchange for you doing thorough pictures and documentation of the clutch job and writing it up on my website as a procedure!

http://www.birdmanferrari.com

Unfortunately, I am leaving first thing in the morning on a week-long business trip out of the country, so I can't send the tool until I get back next week. Let me know if you would like me to send it.

Jonathan

5. mike308gts

mike308gts Karting

Aug 28, 2006
    Washington NJ
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks for the offer Birdman but I need the tool for this coming weekend so I got one.

Mike