308 exhaust ansa what year? | FerrariChat

308 exhaust ansa what year?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by joeyy, Nov 15, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joeyy

joeyy Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    long island
    Full Name:
    joe
  2. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    If it fits a GTSi then its the same as a 78 up US spec car tip spacing wise, you can ask for the spacing from the center of the 2 tips to the center of the 2 tips, thats where the 77 down is wider by maybe an inch. The later injected cars had a bumper extension and a more protruding rear bumper with a different diaper so the tips might stick out further too. They made so many damn changes over the years you have to be careful.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    #3 Steve Magnusson, Nov 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I don't know if Paul is limiting his comments to just the tip spacing, but the mounting ears on that eBay ANSA will not directly fit a '78-'79 US 308 -- here's a shot of the ANSA (FE2040) that would fit your '78's stock silencer hangers:
    (PS They are not always accurate, but the SPC and OM illustrations available from the Owners Site might help you identify which model/year/version a particular exhaust system would fit -- since the Seller usually doesn't have a clue ;))
    (PPS These are non-stainless steel systems so keep that in mind price-wise.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I ran into a problem on my 79 where I had a 77 system on it, the outlets in the diaper were closer together so the 77 tips didnt line up with the holes and I had to MacGyver it to make it work.