308 GT4 Blinker Sound | FerrariChat

308 GT4 Blinker Sound

Discussion in '308/328' started by LA_Dino, Apr 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LA_Dino

LA_Dino Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    I recently went to drive my car and noticed that it sounded like I had my blinker on even when it wasn’t. If I indicate either left or right, it goes very fast, despite all the lights flashing. Any thoughts?

2. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Fast could be as simple as a bad bulb or bad bulb connection. Check and clean would be a cheap start.
    /Peter

3. LA_Dino

LA_Dino Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    Bulbs were replaced about a month ago, and are all working, but I’ll double check them all. What really has me puzzled is that I can hear the ticking sound as if the blinker were on even when I’m not indicating.

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Would be best to touch the flasher relay case to really confirm/deny if it is actuating when it shouldn't be. Also, do any of the exterior bulbs illuminate when making the sound? (The architecture is such that the +12V power, if present, to run the flasher also would illuminate some of the exterior lights.)

5. LA_Dino

LA_Dino Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    No, none of the lights flash, I just hear the same exact clicking coming from the exact same place as the indicator sound. It is coming from under the glove box, above the passenger footwell. Any thoughts on how to access the relay? It started acting up after being outside on a hot day, to the point the interior had become very uncomfortable to sit in. The steering column became so hot it caused the wheel to squeak whenever I turned it. I appreciate all the input, I have the Pasadena show this weekend and would hate to get dinged over my blinkers going to fast.

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Not specifically, but your OM indicates that the relays are behind (or above?) the passenger footwell -- perhaps a 308GT4 Owner can give more exact access instructions.

And I need to correct myself. Your schematic shows a 3-wire Flasher is used (not 2-wire) -- so that has a greater probability of having some weirdness without necessarily causing any exterior bulb to flash. Good Hunting!

7. LA_Dino

LA_Dino Rookie

Oct 11, 2016
    Changed the relay, all sorted now. Thanks!

8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    If you have the x ref part number please post in the x ref thread