308 GT4 Models | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    I only know of a few manufacturers who make a model of the 308 GT4: Kyosho (1/64 and 1/100), Top Marques (1/43, 1/18, and 1/12), Hot Wheels (1/18), BBR (1/43), Le Phoenix (1/43), and Polistil (1/43). These all offer a very limited selection, but are all decent quality, except for maybe the Polistil which is not the most accurate representation… however, much like the real car, I love it for all its quirkiness.

When I bought my 308 GT4, the previous owner also provided a Polistil model of the car, however the model was kind of a brown/copper color. But somehow I managed to find the Polistil model of my car in my color. It's hard enough to find a 308 GT4 model, but to find one in the color of my car was just a sheer stroke of luck. Sure, it's not an EXACT match, but it's as close as I'm going to find without repainting the model myself.

I recently bought an all metal kit of the 308 GT4 (by Enco), looking forward to putting that together soon and making a tiny replica of my own car. Are there any other good models of the 308 GT4 that maybe I haven't mentioned above?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

RemcoB and gt4me like this.
  2. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
    There was an excellent resine kit by SMP24 at 1/24 scale. Just a couple of years ago
    Bad news: Very limited and almost impossible to get. And you need to build it yourself ;)
    Good news: you could do it at the colour you like ;))

dyerhaus likes this.
  3. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Don't mind building kits myself, but finding that one is going to be hard! But, if there's one out there, then I'll find it!!

4. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    You’d think SMP24 would cast some more if there’s demand. Presumably they still have the molds.

dyerhaus likes this.
  5. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I think the key word there is demand.
    The 308 GT4 are just not a very popular model to the general public compared to many of the classic and modern Ferrari's out there.

Look how popular in real vehicle sales the 308/328 GTB/S series was and even then there are only a handful of quality models made of those cars compared to the many 250 GTO's, LM"s, 288, Testarossa's, F40's, etc. made.

6. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    SMP24 does very limited numbers of all their models. He does it as a hobby so demand is always more than supply. That said the SMP24 308 GT4 was not the model he made with the most demand

7. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I wonder if he’d do a short run for direct sales. There are probably half a dozen buyers here.

morcal likes this.
  8. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    I'm in if he'll do it. I have no idea how to get in contact with this person though!

9. rei24

rei24 Karting

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Klaus
  10. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Maybe he’s on FB. I’m not, but I looked and didn’t see it.

11. dyerhaus

dyerhaus Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2012
    Santa Rosa, California
    Full Name:
    Christopher Dyer
    Yeah, having a real hard time finding this guy. I can't message him on Twitter (his account doesn't accept messages), can't find him on Facebook, I found his website, but everything (including Twitter) is in Japanese, trying to send a private message via the website requires a captcha in Japanese. He's certainly made it very difficult to get in touch with him, at least for a non-Japanese reader/speaker. I was able to send a general message through his website (but no idea if it really worked or not). I won't give up!

Jack-the-lad likes this.
  12. hanspeterk.

hanspeterk. Rookie

Jan 26, 2013
    ... www.graphic-mini.com (shop in France) is selling SMP24 kits - look at "Resin" - possible they have an idea ...

dyerhaus likes this.