308 Tec3 install | Page 2 | FerrariChat

308 Tec3 install

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by samtheclip, Jun 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Harta320

Harta320 Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill Smith
    Thanks Mark!

After reading your last 2 post it certainly seems like the way to go is with a modified manifold and TEC-3 for ease and cost. I know Atlantaman has had alot of problems with the TEC-3 so I may have to go another route for the ecu.

2. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Again--please call me for consulting or explanations--
    770-518-2784

3. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Yeah, I've never messed with a Tec-3, but since they only work with their pickups and coils, you'll know you have the right ones and the right parameters. I've had a couple haltechs now and a FAST. I prefer the haltech for flexiblility and programing to the FAST, but I know others with the opposite opinion. Again the haltech will work with almost any sensors or ignition, but you need to know what parameters to put into the program and the manual is a bit vague......The MoTec units are very good, but also twice the price.

4. Harta320

Harta320 Karting

Nov 6, 2003
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill Smith
    Atlantaman,

I will be giving you a call. Thanks!!

Thanks Mark!

Bill

5. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I've been quietly following the thread.
    You may want to consider seriously going with the MoTeC straight off the bat here, if you are serious about upgrading to a turbo setup later. The system has 800 adjustable parameters and you'll need serious flexability if you want to tune for your turbo setup. I can also recommend you have MoTeC custom build your wiring harness.
    I KNOW it can be done with other systems, but after modifying LOTS of cars for turbos, MoTeC is the only system Norwoods uses. Why tread on new ground? Give James a call. Best of luck and keep us posted.

6. samtheclip

samtheclip Karting

May 30, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam Pasceri
    Well, I guess I got in over my head here. This job is to involved for me and I jumped the gun. If anyone would like to buy my Tec3 with all the accessories I have drop me an email. I have the orginal receipt for $2950 worth of tec3, wiring harnesses, O2 sensor and blah blah blah. I will give a more detailed list if someone is interested in it. Hell, all I wanted to do was to covert to direct fire ignition. I should have bought HPX but nobody had any. I guess what I did was over kill. Still seems like a lot of work.

[email protected]

Sam

7. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Sam--check the electromotive website--the NEW direct spark units are out now and they look pretty slick

8. samtheclip

samtheclip Karting

May 30, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam Pasceri
    I checked the website. I couldn't find a picture of it. Are they available now? Prices?

9. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Sam it is a really small unit that uses the (2) spark units that you already have.... you only need to sell the computer...

10. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    they call it the XDI

11. samtheclip

samtheclip Karting

May 30, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam Pasceri
    I love it! OK, anyone want a Tec3 (BRAND NEW) with lots of extra's cheap - let me know. This sounds like something I could do.