328 Front lower spoiler question | FerrariChat

328 Front lower spoiler question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Auraraptor, Sep 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Is it a separate piece from the body? I wanted to buy it separately but am not sure how it connects exactly to the body. Thanks.

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Yes.

There's two separate panels on either side, and then it unbolts. I believe I had to take the grill off to get to all of the bolts, but it's been a while.

3. PT 328

PT 328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2005
    Raptor,

If you are talking about the black fiberglass spoiler below the painted bumber then yes it is a seperate piece. I had to replace mine 2 years ago after a friend borrowed the car and hit a parking stop. I got it from ferrari parts exchange and i think it was around 1K to 1.5K if i remember correctly. It is a pain in the a** to change out, but i did it myself in about 3 hours. if you need any more info let me know. Good luck.

Dan

4. vittorio

vittorio Karting

Nov 12, 2003
    Italy
    Full Name:
    vittorio

Only on US models. Here in Italy the upper and lower section are an unique piece painted in different ways

5. wolftalk

wolftalk Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    san franciso area
    Full Name:
    phil
    I seem to take mine off every 3 years or so to fix up the scrapes and dings. Since it's basically a big hunk of fiberglass, it's easy to patch up. A few squirts of Krylon flat black spray paint and you're ready to go beat it up again.

I don't remember if it's necessary to take off the panels in the wheel wells to get to a couple bolts, but you'll find out quickly once you get into it.

6. Ferrari_tech

Ferrari_tech Formula 3

Jul 28, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Malcolm W
    #6 Ferrari_tech, Sep 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This should help..................
    Image Unavailable, Please Login