328 GTS - Source for rubbery adhesive/sealant used in spare tire tub | FerrariChat

328 GTS - Source for rubbery adhesive/sealant used in spare tire tub

Discussion in '308/328' started by ZOOOOMZ, Jan 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZOOOOMZ

ZOOOOMZ Karting

Aug 14, 2013
    Austin, Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Tim Cronin
    Rebuilding the steering rack in my 1988.5 328, and removed the fiberglas spare tire tub "to make the job easier"... Now need a source for the matte black rubbery adhesive/sealant used to mount the spare tire tub back to the chassis. (Hint: it's not silicone RTV and not 3M Black Weatherstrip Adhesive) Anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #2 Rifledriver, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019

I used white silicone. I painted over it with satin black anyway. Don't think most would ever know I had it all apart. This is before I painted it. You can also see the ball valves I put in for some reason so I could isolate the heaters. If you really want matte black Ultra Black silicone is matte black. I cleaned and painted the tub while out so the paint I used made it all match. Come by and I'll show you. You know the way to the house.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NoGoSlow likes this.