328 Headlight adjustment | FerrariChat

328 Headlight adjustment

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chiaro_Slag, Dec 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sorry for all the questions tonight. :-(

My 328 was involved in a slight collision to it's front/right bumper several years ago - As a result, the right headlight doesn't raise quite enough and the headlight shines more at the ground than it should - The light should raise about 1/2" more. I tried the screw that adjusts the headlight vertically, but that wasn't enough - What do I need to do to get the lamp to raise a bit more when switched on?

Thanks

2. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    The whole pod is fully adjustable.

Pod mounting bracket is on shims to the chassis and can be twisted and raised/lowered as necessary.

The pod throw is adjustable by moving the connection position of the lifter rod...where it bolts to the pod...17mm spanner if I remember correctly, and move the bolt up and down the slot, nearer or further from the pivot, until happy.

Then the "at rest" height is adjustable on the rod between the motor and the lift rod....10mm spanner with double ended thread rod.

When correct...the pod will sit perfectly flush when up AND down, the beam aim is set using a beam setter, or some chalk marks on a good wall.

MIND YOUR FINGERS....the motor will go off on a cycle if you turn the motor top screw...so disconnect the battery and move it manually while doing the adjustment.

It will cut your finger off without so much as a hiccup if you get it wrong.

It can easily absorb 2-3 hrs per side, so be patient.

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for the tips - I am a newbie, and I would like to keep my fingers if at all possible. :)

I'll give it a try when I get some daylight - A few follow up questions :

1) Regarding the chalk marks - What would be the proper setting to aim the lights at?

2) Is the pod mounting bracket accessible, or do I need to remove any of the spare wheel plastic peices that are secured by rivets?

Thanks!!