328 intake distributor | FerrariChat

328 intake distributor

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by bill brooks, Feb 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bill brooks

bill brooks F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2007
    waynesburg,pa
    Full Name:
    bill brooks
    are there any commonly available "snap lids" that will fit tight on the 328 fuel distributor? that is, readily available commercial food containers or other lids a retail consumer might encounter?

i hate rags,etc. as they are not ultra reliable. plus, its always nice to know you have a positive "cover" on
    your fuel distributor when an errant part goes flying.

anyone older than 50 has seen these things protecting racing intakes or seen the movie "gran prix".

my ferrari mechanic/mentor always stressed and i've tried to comply!!

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Good idea. I have used a 5" polishing bonnet cover with the elastic to fit over the distributor, it is about 5" diameter (actual OD measurement 128mm). Would be cool to have a machined aluminum cap that would friction fit on nicely, with a prancing horse logo on it, of course!

3. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
  4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

try these guys... https://freundcontainer.com/

We used them for years for a variety of tubs and closures, betcha you find something that works.

D

5. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Shipping tube end caps work well for hole covering. Intake on engines, I have one that fits the oil tank mount hole on 360/430 gear box. Exhaust header tubes on race cars and injector stacks on Sprint car. Uline has a lot of cap sizes.