348 seat base tilting? | FerrariChat

348 seat base tilting?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Ferrarium, Oct 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I have a 90TS, I can't be the first 6' or taller person who finds your rear end squeezes in the back of the narrow seat (and I mean squeeze and I am 190 lbs 34 waist) and results in no thigh support due to leg bend. Conceptually angled spacers front and smaller ones to match in back could raise the front 1" or so except the front seat bracket mount vertically so it would require some work.

Wondering if anyone else had a solution I just did not find yet.

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Ok so I am the first one to find a lack of thigh support due to the flat seat base on a pre 91 at least I have an October 90 car. Ok I'll figure it out. :)

3. blue90

blue90 Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2013
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Being 6' 2" tall the only way I can get somewhat comfortable in the '90 was to use a rear lower lumbar support and crank the seat to the extreme back. The other was to drive the Porsche which has wide seats and tons of leg room.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I used to have a 90 ts, now a 92 tb. World of difference (way more comfortable) with the "newer" car's seat pad.

Attached Files:

5. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    ugh 92 tb that's sooooo nice.... Wade the newer spyder type seats are wider at the rear and have more thigh support also.. or just wider at the rear?
    Because on my 90TS my azz is squeezed the the bolsters, im not even sure its on the seat bottom and I have zero thigh support.

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Not sure about the Spider seats, but it would be interesting to find out. Some day I'd like to attend an event that has several different 348s.

For the record, the photos I posted above are from the 'net. Both of mine are/were black/black, which the details don't show very well.

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Right yes, I am assuming the seats in 92 were the same in the spiders, essentially a 92+ seat. Not sure why but I rarely see 92's here. Loyts of 90/91 and spiders but 92's always seem to be Canada imports. At least when I was looking.

8. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Precisely mine, while it was manufactured in August 1991 for the Canadian market the VIN codes out as a 1992.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    With the traditional knees bent seating the thigh essentially do not touch the seat thigh support at all. So after 45 min or more int eh car you start to get fatigued. Figured all it needs is a wedge between the rail and the seat so I mocked up heights with pvc tube and arrived at 3/4 front elevation. Whats there now is non existent for support so just a bit, not too much, so I had these made. I need to test fit them still, made a pair for another member out here while I was at it. They are 6160 billet.

Qavion likes this.
  10. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    In between the seat and the rails for clarity. I need to remove the rails and but them in between the seat bottom and the outer rail. They should fit exact. Fingers crossed....

11. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    OK seat shims are in. Seats back in the car and I'm happy to report for those who care, it makes a difference. It's not shockingly better as I could definitely have gone to 1" lift at the front instead of .75" but it's definitely better.

Incaico and Qavion like this.
  12. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Looks nice
    I. Would think that translates to a fairly big difference once it gets to your knees

13. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Eric sent me a pair of shims to test. Wow, these are exactly what the 348 seats needed. The new seating position is so natural now, and it feels like I'm sitting in a performance seat. Much more "cockpit like" too.

Phenomenal precision and quality as well - plug & play!

I told Eric - First impression? My wife stepped into the garage just as I adjusted my seat and said "This is so awesome!" (and I never talk out loud to myself).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.