348 Set Depth of Single Disk Clutch | FerrariChat

348 Set Depth of Single Disk Clutch

Discussion in '348/355' started by Koenig1, Nov 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    I'm probably not doing this right, but my searches have not come up with a process to measure the correct Clutch depth. Yes I've read an awful lot on rebuilding the 348 clutch/flywheel, as well as the proper measurements "Thickness of driven plate" = 7,7mm +- 0,3... & "Thickness of driven plate under load of 535 daN" = 7,35 mm.(Single Disc) The problem I have, and it may be quite obvious to most, is what area am I measuring.
    To preface, purchase a 348 with a well used clutch going in, hasn't slipped, but release is way too high on the pedal...(7/8) Yes the clutch has been bled several times... I believe the 'thicknesses" were out, as well as clutch being on it's last leg! When disassembled, disc was somewhat lubed by a leaky flywheel, lots of Kluber grease around inside circumference of aluminum case. Flywheel face was good, pressure plate needed refacing. So, while waiting to go south to pick up parts, o-rings, triple seals, Kluber grease, etc I had the friction disc redone by a reputable Clutch business(local). This is a 91 348 with the single Valeo setup. Any info, suggestions(positive please!) on how to do it up right are welcome.
    Thanks for you time in advance.

2. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    No able to help with how to measure the "Set Up Depth" of single disc Valeo Clutch?
    Anyone???

3. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic

Attached Files:

4. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Hey, thanks Miroljub. Apparently I spent countless searches in vain, while all along it was front & center in my workshop manual. Duh!... who would have thought... shakes head...