348 window seal question | FerrariChat

348 window seal question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Ricambi America, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

#1 Ricambi America, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Fellow 348 owners, can anybody confirm the correct fittment of the rubber seal along the lower rear corner of the door? I noticed that originally the rubber was pushed -inside- the body piece, instead of wrapped around the outside. Common sense (which I generally lack), suggests the rubber should be outside, thus diverting any water from the inner door.

Using some very soft and careful tools, I was able to pull the flange back outside. The below picture shows "after". Is this correct?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    yes that is correct. This is a very common problem with the 348/355 cars. As the rubber gets older it gets hard and brittle. The windo tends to push the seal inwards instead if the rubber following the window up.

3. 348uk

348uk Karting

Feb 1, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I had the same problem with mine. I resolved this by spraying the window channels with a lubricant. We have one called WD40 here in the UK, this works fine, not sure if you have that brand in the States.