355 Exhaust - Capristo or Tubi? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

355 Exhaust - Capristo or Tubi?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ravi355, Jun 17, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds like I'm getting warmer. I'm thinking it was specifically built for the car, given the price. Perhaps I'll speak to Graypaul. Thanks for your help ( and Tonyh too).

2. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Did you have problems with the one you had from Graypaul before your Capristo?

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    #28 chaa, Jun 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You will not speak to Graypaul :D, you will speak to Don, at stainless-steel exaust.com in Sutton in nottingham and buy one direct from the makers at less than a grand. He may even have a second hand one lying around. Here is the one i bought second hand for around £400 and i have since sold it to another F-chatter :) .Dons a good guy.
    MB: If you are being quoted £2500 from Graypaul you might as well buy a Capristo :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I did not buy it from Graypauls i bought it straight from the makers. And no i had no problems, in fact i thought nothing would swing me from it. Then Carl Verdi offerd me the Capristo challenge in which i would have it fitted for a month and if i did not want it he would take it of. The Capristo sounds different to the stainless one, as do all other systems. You may have 5 or 6 systems with cats or without, all will sound great, but its up to you to chose the one that rocks your boat. what you may like others may not like as much as another type of system.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    There's no way the Stainless system costs £2.5 k. You can buy brand new for under £1k.

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Apart from the ITO you shouldn't be paying £2.5k for ANY exhaust. Got mine fitted, plus test pipes, for just over £2k

7. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Tony, Clive, who is he. Stop avoiding the question :D

8. mmm355

mmm355 Formula Junior

May 19, 2005
    Kent
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks guys, I appreciate your advice. I'll stick with it as it's already on the car and then get the capristo when i fancy a change! After all. it' smy first ferrari - I'm going to love it whatever!