355 Fuse Box. Where is it? | FerrariChat

355 Fuse Box. Where is it?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by GrahamS, May 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Sorry for the dumb question but I've owned my 355 for less than a month and the cigarette lighter fuse has blown. I've found the fuse box in the luggage compartment but all the fuses are ok. According to the handbook there's another fuse box in the floor but it doesn't say where.
    I've seen a previous post mentioning about a fuse box in the passenger footwell but I can't find one in my car.
    Could somebody please help me out and describe where exactly this elusive second fusebox is.

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Yes in the passenger footwell at the front behind the rubber mat on the upright part. You have ot peel the mat away, undo the two retaining screws at the top (like Zeus fasteners) then IIRC the cover hinges down

3. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Thank you so much, you're a superstar:)

4. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Thank you so much, you're a superstar:)

5. 490times

490times Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Syracuse
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    I am looking at this fuse box, scratching my head to find the radio fuse. It's not there. My radio doesn't power on and my first instinct is to check the fuse.

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #6 Qavion, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    The wiring diagrams don't have many clues, either. One of the fuses for the radio is in the luggage compartment (fuse 4).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

There are probably one or more fuses in the radio itself. Do you have release keys for your radio?

7. 490times

490times Rookie

Nov 14, 2018
    Syracuse
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Thanks :) it's an aftermarket kenwood, and it turns out all the fuses were fine. Probing the constant and ground wires were good, but the accessory wire was dead, so we soldered into an accessory on the ignition cylinder. All good now :)

Qavion likes this.
  8. puddas

puddas Rookie

Jan 31, 2011
    Can anyone tell me where the fuse is located for the secondary air box. Keep getting a p0410 and want to check the fuse!

thanks

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    It's behind the passenger footrest. Secondary air is fuse 31 shown in the driver's manual on a 5.2 car. Relay "L" (or E10 as it is also known) turns on the secondary air system.

If you have an owners manual, go to the picture of the relay panel and turn it upside down (Australian cars have upside down fuse panels).

If you're getting a bypass valve message and a secondary air message, you may have a vacuum issue or someone has accidentally swapped over the electrical plugs on the solenoid valves (behind the right rear wheel arch). The blue plug goes on the secondary air solenoid valve.