360 Carbon Doom Light | FerrariChat

360 Carbon Doom Light

Discussion in '360/430' started by thomas_b, Dec 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    Chris from Valence (Sponsor) did a Carbon Fiber version of the 360 Dome light for me. The OEM unit is ASR plastic and looked out of place in the Stradale (well also in the Modena) - ugly. The new unit is absolutely gorgeous and completely at home in the CS!. One of these changes one can argue about but the looks and craftsmanship is one more reason for me to be in the car ... driving. (took me 7min to install the new unit as you see by the elapsed time on the clock after connection)

2. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  3. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  4. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  5. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
    Oh, you're talking about a dome light. I read the title to this thread and thought someone was threatening DES. It looks great, by the way.

6. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    … didn't want to do DES injustice – comes from trusting a spellchecker – maybe the spellchecker hates DES?

7. andybm3

andybm3 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 12, 2003
    USA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thomas, looks great, how much does it cost? get my CS in new year

8. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Very nice. I'll have to give him a call when mine comes in as well.

9. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    You need to talk to Chris at Valence (http://www.valenceusa.com/) – I did give him my original – so it was a special deal - the shape is complex so I am pretty impressed how well it turned out and how perfect it fits

>>get my CS in new year
    ... the car is a blast - it wil be a good year for you :)

10. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I wonder if he can make one without the stupid crap factory clock? Or better yet, a custom one with the radar detector inside? The possibilities are endless. I have his CF paddles in my 360, and the work is indeed top notch!

Ernesto

11. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    I don’t like that cheesy clock either especially since you have to re-set it after the battery has been off and to add insult to injury it is only runs in 24h mode so most of the time the US dealers set it wrong – I thought about replacing it with several other devices such as the SR7, the GT2 (race timing), SPA (shift light), … - however I could not figure out if the end result would look stock and in the end I decided to not add complexity to the task and go with the clock

albertl I believe has a custom solution for a radar detector

12. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    A Doom light??

Sounds SCARY!

13. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I love that thing

I MUST get me one.