360 F1 techniques | Page 2 | FerrariChat

360 F1 techniques

Discussion in '360/430' started by Gary(SF), Jan 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    My 2004 360 Modena does not have it. I assume people are not confusing "creep" mode with the traction control (low traction) mode...

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    No confusion - at least in the '03 575, the low grip mode engages via a button on the center console, not by using the paddles.

Personally, I think Dr. W should take his 575 out into the ice and snow and test both the low grip and "creeper" modes. Also might be an opportunity to test the Fiorano package under adverse conditions. ;)

Cheers, Will

3. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Thanks,Will
    I always follow brilliant and gratuitious (look it up) advice.
    Took out the 575 today and let me tell you---it's a fantastic performer on ice!

4. Stephen

Stephen Rookie

Dec 30, 2003
    Scottsdale, AZ
    In addition to hearing a beeping noise when in reverse, I sometimes also hear it when enagaging first gear and driving at slow speed (i.e. pulling out of the driveway). It stops beeping after a few seconds. Has anyone experienced this?

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    No.

The only other beep I get is if at slow/zero speed I take both my feet off the pedals and it auto-shifts to neutral... it kindly beeps to let you know.

6. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    A fellow FCA member had this happen to him and was diagnosed as a malfunction and that the clutch was overheating. The dealer replaced his entire clutch assembly under warranty.

Maybe you should have the dealer plug in their SD2 to dianose if this is the case with your car.