360 poor heat and A/C | FerrariChat

360 poor heat and A/C

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Keith Darby, Nov 28, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    I have almost no heat or A/C. Coolant and oil temp seem normal. Fan works (low thrust). I suspect that the interior temp sensor could be the culprit. Any hints or suggestions ?

2. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    Connect a diagnostic computer to the system to see what the temperature inputs and outputs from the control unit are.

3. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    So does it or doesn't it blow cold/hot air? if you can scan it.. go for it as above.

My bet would be on the control unit going. Mine suddenly didn't blow ac. Turns out Control Module was bad. Getting more common as these cars age.

4. Bigilo

Bigilo Karting

Sep 28, 2013
    San Antonio, Texas
    It may be the TGK Valve Part # 65066400, it is located under the removable access panel under the hood. My mechanic said this is a common problem with the hot/cold air not reaching the desired temp inside the cabin.

5. Gcolella

Gcolella Rookie

Jul 30, 2017
    New york
    How long have you owned this car ? I thought I had a problem with my heat also until I read that the stop button needs to pushed in for the heat to work. After I pushed the stop button in I had heat! Hope your problem is solved this easy.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

6. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    On my car, it's the other way around. The stop button has to be out for the heat and A/C to work.

whatheheck likes this.
  7. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    +1

After 7 years I still sometimes get it backwards!

8. Gcolella

Gcolella Rookie

Jul 30, 2017
    New york
    You are correct , took the car out today and realized it has to be out for heat to work . Very confusing ...

9. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby

10. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    I have owned for about 6 months. 1st Ferrari. I will try tomorrow. Thanks.

11. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Thanks for all the replies. I released the A/C stop button and I now have great heat ! Feeling dumb I referred to the owner's manual and it states "Pressed (stop) The air conditioning is turned off. The heating is still enabled though and will function according to the temperature set."
    I am guessing that I still have a malfunction but I can continue to drive at least until it needs to go in for other service.

12. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Don't. My first Ferrari I didn't know that either. The only time I push it in is for track days. :)