360 RACING SEATS | FerrariChat

360 RACING SEATS

Discussion in '360/430' started by dhs-9, Nov 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhs-9

dhs-9 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    Just got a 360 with the CF racing seats. I sit so low in the car I can barely see over the dash. Is this the normal intended set up? Never sat in a 360 w/ daytona but cant imagine that you would sit as low.

Any thoughts on how to sit higher short of sitting on phone book

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    you can add plates between the seat and the mounts to raise to your liking.

3. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Much easier to deal with a seat that's too low than one that's too high!

4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You can always trade for some daytonas! Most members would love to have those sport seats. You do sit lower though- which I prefer as I'm a big guy

5. Ferrari-F1

Ferrari-F1 Karting

Jul 12, 2013
    Southern California
    Get a booster seat

6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    when i first sat in racing seats in a 430 i thought the same also,drive it and you will fall in love with the set up and the sitting lower doesnt come into mind anymore,its just a perfect set imo

7. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    Racing seats are absolutely horrible. They look terrible, heavier than daytonas, the carbon fiber will turn an ugly yellow over time, bad for resale, and worst of all you sit so low you can't see over the dash. The only solution is to give them to me. :D

8. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    It's very kind of you to make that offer Tuang.
    Alan

9. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    lmao

10. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

I'm a little taller and so they are perfect for me, love the snug fit and feeling of being low to the ground like a go kart. But they are a bit low for my wife who also likes to drive the car sometimes. So I asked a similar question on here a while ago. I was advised to get a car seat pad cushion.

Consider taking a bath towel and fold it into quarters and sit on that. See if the extra 1 inch of lift helps. If it does, then just get a seat pad and sit on that. You can find different ones on Amazon.

11. pkhot915

pkhot915 Karting

Jan 21, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Full Name:
    PK
    raise it up a bit, and u'll realized it was worth every hassle. I got mine shipped from ebay Germany to Thailand...every process was a pain..but so worth it at the end

12. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You guys realize that there are really nice Ferrari bath towels on eBay right. Start with these and figure our your next move. Word of caution though the towels have more lint than is conceivable when washed for the first time so consider yourself warned. The towels look good in the cockpit though! ;-)