360 replacement battery | FerrariChat

360 replacement battery

Discussion in '360/430' started by johnbob, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnbob

johnbob Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Looking for feedback from anyone who has replaced the original battery in thier 360 as to the battery type/size designation as the local part store does not have a listing for the 360 (imagine that). I looked all over the FIAMM battery and did not see a type or size designation other than capacity ratings.
    Thanks,
    John

2. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    I took my 360 to the local Pep Boys (or Western Auto) and they had no problems finding a new battery. I have had no battery charging / draining problems after the switching out the FIAMM OEM battery. A definite improvement.

Sorry I dont have the specs of the battery. If you really need them I can open up the panel and get the numbers.

Ernesto

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    A good aftermarket battery would be a Optima (sp) they are a sealed battery. Around 100-150 I think. I'm sure more people will chime in with their suggestions. You might want to do a search.

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I still have the original battery in the car. Power drain was never a problem for me.

Optima seems to be the preferred battery from various discussions on FChat.

5. johnbob

johnbob Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Oklahoma
    I am very interested in the optima but from what I can tell they only come in one physical size. I would greatly appreciate a part number and source for the optima from someone who has used them in the 360 sucessfully.

6. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    If I know Ferrari they probably put some weird connector on it so it would cost $1800 for a battery.

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    My F355 is using an Optima Red Top

8. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    So what is the Optima part number that can be used? They are made by Johnson Controls. I don't want to go through and measure mine and all that crap if I can avoid it.

9. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Got my 550's OEM battery replaced with Optima. They are the best sealed battery out there.

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    anyone know the optima red top battery part # that fits into the 360?