360 Spider Top Repair Recommendation | FerrariChat

360 Spider Top Repair Recommendation

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Gumart1, Jul 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gumart1

Gumart1 Karting

Dec 22, 2010
    Highland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Hi fellow Chicago F-Chatters, my 2000 (Euro) 360 Spider is in dire need of a top adjustment/repair. The frame physically isn't lining up, and as a result,
    my guess is that the miscroswitches in several places are not operating when needed.

LFSC looked at it and told me I need to go to a Body Shop first.
    For regular work I usually use Greg at Personalized Automotive in Kenosha.
    He felt he couldn't do it and referred me to Giovanni at Autosprint who is backed
    up and also not sure he could handle it.

Can anyone recommend a good body shop that can handle the top?
    Of course if they work on Ferrari's then perhaps they can do the electronic/mechanical
    repairs as well.

2. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Custom Cars Unlimited in La Grange

3. 250swb

250swb Rookie

Mar 24, 2014
    A body shop cannot help you with the top without an SD2. Take it to Continental, they have plenty of experience on those tops.

4. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Marty, you may want to try Ogden Top and Trim.

5. Gumart1

Gumart1 Karting

Dec 22, 2010
    Highland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Thanks for the suggestions. I've heard only the best with Ogden, and Continental would have been great but was my last resort cost wise. On another referral, I took the car to Riggs Bros. in Downers Grove. They have 3 shops and have been in business since 1945 with an A+ BBB rating. The owner took a look at my issues and seemed to know exactly what needed to be done. The shop is impressive. My replacement OEM capote flap just arrived last Thurs. so I'm hoping to have the car back next week. I will report.

6. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Good to know. Tell us how it turns out?

7. Gumart1

Gumart1 Karting

Dec 22, 2010
    Highland Park, IL
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Hey all, I wanted to report back about my positive experience with Robert at Riggs Bros. in Downers Grove. Their work on my car was amazing. I had multiple problems that resulted in a complete top replacement along with repairs to the side flaps and a complete fluid flush. They were able to do a thorough diagnosis without the use of the SD2 tester (an old fashioned way, I assume?). While I was there, there had a gorgeous late 60's Porsche and a '63 Vette being worked on. If he hadn't worked on a 360 before, he understands this car top to bottom now. I had a small problem after I paid and brought the car home, and they sent a tech 40 min. to my house to take care of it, then followed up again in the shop until it was perfect. They even have a relationship with Continental, who hand delivered the parts I needed to them. I am so pleased, that I may be back in the fall to put in all new seat leather, Daytona style. If anyone has any questions about their work on my car, feel free to contact me anytime.

8. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thanks for reporting back, Marty. I'm looking to get my seats refinished thus winter.