360 spider vs coupe | FerrariChat

360 spider vs coupe

Discussion in '360/430' started by scycle2020, Mar 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    for people who driven both the 360 coupe and spider...did you notice a difference in the structural intergity and body stiffness between the two?

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Of course the coupe has better strutural integrity just by the virtue of having a roof.......however the spider is remarkably solid in as far as open air automobiles go. I've had Porsche convertibles in the past and they are no where near as stiff as the 360 spider. IMO structural integrity would not be a defining factor on whether to choose a coupe or a spider.

3. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    At the speeds where I've driven them, I haven't noticed much of a difference in respect to rigidity. The Spider did seem a little more dramatic, but I attribute that to the open air feeling and amount of sound - and possibly the distinct lack of privacy.

4. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    none that I could tell.

5. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I've not noticed a great deal on the 360's but haven't pushed the spider as the one's I've driven were not my own. The Porsche cab is a dog compared to the coupe

6. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    #6 360CS, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My Spider seems very ridgid, however the rear tends to whip out under power with Sport mode engaged........Ive pushed the coupe hard as well imo theres not alot in it...

But on the track...now theres another story..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login