360 Windstop Gaskets | FerrariChat

360 Windstop Gaskets

Discussion in '360/430' started by Trackjunkie1, Jan 19, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    My wind stop gaskets finally gave up. It literally fell apart while driving and the screen started flapping like mad.

I posted earlier that I used old laptop charger wire as gaskets and actually worked very well and held up through the summer.

By accident I found some extra T-Gaskets that I used to fix my wife's wind stop for her AMG. I tried them on the 360 center wind stop and BINGO....fit and looks original. I'm going to do the roll hoops next. The only thing I needed to do was cut reliefs on the lower curved areas.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Where did you get the T gasket from please, I need to effect the same repair and have been searching for suitable gasket material for about 4 years now!

3. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
  4. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    I may have some leftover. The middle used about 3 feet and I still have to do the 2 rollbar windstop. When I get them done, I'll see how much i have leftover. I had to buy quite a bit, when I bought for my wife's car. I think there was a minimum, but honestly cannot remember as it's been awhile.

I'll probably keep enough for me, for one more set. I'll be happy to sell for a small price whatever I have left. Maybe $25 ~ $30 per windstop.

5. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    I’m in the USA at the moment as it happens, I’ve managed to pick up some suitable mesh in home depot but would love to be able to get the gasket material whilst I’m here as well if you could advise where you got it from, that’ll be much easier than trying to get it mailed to England!

6. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    Sorry, but I really do not remember where I got these from. They were for my wife's CLK63 and just some leftover, which I found stashed in the garage. If I somehow come up with the vendor receipt or email, I'll be happy to share.

7. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    For reference, my wife's CLK63 is a 2007 convertible. These have an option for a standalone wind deflector that installs between the front and back seat. It's the gasket for that.

8. mkt

mkt Karting

Sep 22, 2010
    Wassenaar, Holland
    Full Name:
    Maurice
    Is it possible to measure and share the dimensions of the t-gasket you have? Thanks.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G781B met Tapatalk

9. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    If you are in the Atlanta area, your welcome to stop by and pick up.

10. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
  11. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    If anyone is interested here are pics with the gasket installed in the hoops. I have had the top down at freeway speeds and they have stayed put. I installed them with the without taking off the hoops. As with the center piece, I had to cut a relief for the corners.

I'm keeping enough for another set. If anyone is interested, ping me and I can sell you some. I have enough for 2 more sets.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

EastMemphis likes this.
  12. LorenzoR

LorenzoR F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

13. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    I have enough for 1 more set if anyone else is interested.

14. Trackjunkie1

Trackjunkie1 Karting

Aug 2, 2017
    Well, we're selling the CLK63, so do not need my extra gasket anymore, for that car. Since I was able to get a 430 lexan middle off of ebay, I do not need the extra I was keeping for my 360.

I have 2 sets, each 10 ft long. 10 feet is enough for the 3 windstops.
    If anyone is interested PM me and I'll be happy to sell.

15. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    I'm interested in one set, pm sent...

16. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    I think this product is the closest to the size we need:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I measured about 8.7 mm wide and around 8 mm deep with a 3.5-3.6 mm thickness from the stuff that is crumbling in the deflectors I have.

17. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    If anyone is interested in printing a wind stop gasket using TPU or other Shore 90A filament, I posted a model here:

https://www.printables.com/model/895196-ferrari-360-and-430-wind-stop-gasket-rollbar

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The OEM unit has a water seal that protrudes below the gasket to block water from intruding into the cabin and pouring into the electrical compartment directly below. I doubt many Spiders would ever see water, but if you wash your car, you'll probably see leakage into the electrical area from behind the wind stop if this water seal is missing.

I posted the rollbar unit first. If anyone wants the center section, I'll upload that as well. Curious how it will work out.

DanNE likes this.
  18. colorfull

colorfull Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2020
    Franklin Park, New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Napoli
    Awesome John

I gotta get me a 3D Printer for this car!

EastMemphis likes this.
  19. DanNE

DanNE Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2013
    Please upload the center section as well, it would be interested to try these out. Did you print them at all or what did you use for a replacement?

Very cool finding with the lower gasket; I think that area gathers water even with the top up in place since the engine bay cover/hood is sloping towards the passenger compartment.

However, many of us have had disintegrating gaskets and never had a problem with water in the electronics or maybe we did and tossed it up as electrical gremlins?