#3615 250 'SuperAmerica GT' | FerrariChat

#3615 250 'SuperAmerica GT'

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by snj5, Aug 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Also while leafing through my old German 'Ferrari World' magazines I came across another favorite - #3615. This was the last of a series of 4 cars that were customization by PininFarina - bolting on a 400SA look body on a 250GT SWB Berlinetta Competizione chassis. Car was initially sold to Ferdinando Gatta, an engineer from Turin (and son in law of Adele Lancia) and was Turin's Lancia concessionaire. Was reported then (1997) to be in Italy; Are there any more recent sightings or information of this really lovely car?

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    As far as I know, this car has been part of the Maranello Rosso Collection in San Marino for the past several years. I'm not sure which engine is in the car, though, as the original one was auctioned off here in SoCal a couple of years ago.

3. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    wayne - you´re right. the car is part of the collection of Violati - called Maranello Rosso in San Marino.
    the pic is from 2002. but i dont know anything about the engine. try [email protected] for more information.

4. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    #4 sjvalin, Aug 31, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There was a one of these at Pebble Beach and Laguna Seca, although I didn't see it race. It was decked out for vintage racing, blue, and with an interesting rear spoiler on the tail. Sorry, I didn't get the serial number. It was yet another really awesome Ferrari in attendance that weekend!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    LWayne and 348 -
    many thanks - I am very enamored of the SA aerodinamico body style on the SWB chassis. It's amazing how these engines get around.
    Again, many thanks
    rt

7. bcarldc

bcarldc Rookie

Jan 23, 2006
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Bernard Carl
    The 250 special 3615 is in the Maranello Rossi collection in San Marino. It has a 250GTE engine. I bought the original engine at auction several years ago and hope that it gets reunited with its original chassis at some point.

8. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #8 miurasv, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017