365 GT4 BB jack kit & tools | FerrariChat

365 GT4 BB jack kit & tools

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by CollectorMorry, Feb 9, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    #1 CollectorMorry, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can you verify that this is a complete jack kit for a 365 Boxer? Is it year specific or good for all 365 Boxers but not 512 BBs? Also the attache case - it's missing screwdrivers, but am I correct this is for the 365 BB Boxer and Daytona?

Thanks for your help.

Morry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

Looks like 512bb the knock off tool has me thinking that. It is the same one I have. Maybe others can chime in?

3. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    Don't ask google, ask Newman.

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    If you go by the parts book its completely wrong for a 365 or a BB512 before 77 especially the jack. The jack bag should have a handle and a hard liner for a boxer because of the heavy contents plus how far in you need to reach to remove it from the trunk. 308 bag for example has no handle or liner.

When ferrari switched to the newer brief case vs the illustration in the parts book I have no idea.

The tool kit could be from a 512 from 78 - 81....maybe!

The hammer and jack are worth good money thats for sure.

5. cavallino70

cavallino70 Karting

Apr 1, 2008
    HB, Germany
    Full Name:
    A.H.
    No, it isn't. The wrong tool case, the wrong bag and missing tools!

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    #6 samsaprunoff, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    So what is the consensus - this came from a guy who owned a 365 GT4 BB, a 512 BB, 512 BBi and a Daytona so it 'should' be from one of those cars?

Morry

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Judging by the octagon wrench it's not for a boxer because it appears to have no angle to it. It appears flat. As the rims got wider the wrench had to reach deeper and not contact the rim lip. A Testarossa wrench is flat, injected boxer is angled somewhat, carb'd 512 is very angled and 365 boxer is like an injected boxer wrench. The jack is 308, 512 boxer not Daytona. Can't say on the Jack bag without more pics but I suspect 308 or 400. Tool kit could be 400 or boxer. The mallet is correct for a boxer but also other Ferraris with spinners.

9. sportcoupe

sportcoupe Karting

Dec 27, 2016
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I know this is an older thread, but I believe my question is still relevant. I know that depending upon the original destination these were sold to, they could have come with or without knock off ears. If that is the case would the jack kit come with either a hammer or wrench but not both? I assume the factory diagram is just for reference of all possible contents of a toolkit.

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You always get a hammer. Its needed for the wrench. If you look at a parts book which not a perfect source is an easy one and the first place I look the wrench has a long list of country codes for the cars that get it. That will correspond to the cars that came with octagon nuts.

11. sportcoupe

sportcoupe Karting

Dec 27, 2016
    Santa Cruz, CA
    OK, So all cars get the hammer, while only some have the octagon wrench. My car is Italian delivered and it has ears, so I assume it should not have the wrench. Thank you for the clarification.

12. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    boxer jack should have a large head.
    btw. i have a couple if anyone needs one.

13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    the jack should have the large head. about 7”
    compared to 2”.
    pm me if anyone needs one.