400i Ignition Key on ebay | FerrariChat

400i Ignition Key on ebay

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by SouthJersey400i, Aug 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SouthJersey400i

SouthJersey400i Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Romulus, NY (Finger Lakes)
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    raemin likes this.
  2. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    I dealt with this issue 20 years ago...Most professional locksmith shops stock this exact blank and the Taylor blanks(also correct) by the dozens...$5-10 USD .Jq.

3. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Jacques, good to hear. 12+ years ago when I was first finding my way with 400 parts, but was living in a more suburban (not rural) area, I found a good locksmith who would not sell me one but he would sell me 10. That was his minimum order from supplier. I kept a couple and sold or gave the rest on FChat.

4. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day All,

A number of years ago (7 maybe?)I was able to find NOS Blank Ignition keys for my 365 on the following site:

http://www.keyprof.com/en.index.php

Price was reasonable and was around $50 or so.

Also, try Ferrari UK, as they sometimes have NOS parts for reasonable prices as long as you are buying the somewhat rare parts for your own car (e.g. I had to provide a copy of my vehicle ownership docs).

Cheers,

Sam

raemin likes this.
  5. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Sam, $50 does not seem reasonable. Look at the ebay link above; he has a lot of different older car keys. Ken

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Ken,

There are certainly aftermarket blanks that will work and are much less expensive (< $10 the last time I looked), but for an OEM Neiman blank like what originally came with the car, I felt that $50 was very reasonable especially given how rare they are to find and what other sellers were charging (over $200+). That said, there are Neiman keys that are reproductions which may or may be comparable, but even these were much more expensive than $50. It all depends upon what you want. For me I wanted to have keys that were as original as possible for originality sake. However, I do also have some aftermarket/inexpensive ones that came with the car as well.

Cheers,

Sam

7. SouthJersey400i

Mar 14, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ken Battle
    Sam
    When the local locksmith ordered them 10+ years ago, he order them from Germany and they had the Neiman logo and likely authentic.
    Ken

8. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Ken,

I am missing something here. Your post shows an aftermarket key selling for $29.96 USD... for me shipping is listed as $32.60 US for a total of $62.56 US (see pic)... for an aftermarket key that I can buy locally for around $10. I paid $50 for an authentic Neiman Blank from the site I provided for $50 all in... and so I fail to see how me paying $50 for an authentic key is unreasonable considering the link/key you posted would cost me $62.56...

Adding to the confusion your latest post is not related to your first post or related to mine. At this point I will simply bow out of this thread, as obviously my info and experience is unappreciated.

Cheers,

Sam

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Definitely different than my original 400i key

10. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    In any case it's nice to have some suppliers, just in case your brother in law destroys the fragile key while atempting to open the doorlock with the ignition key...

Sam's website seems really nice though. I will give it a try for the glovebox lock.

11. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Getting an original Nieman blank for $50 is an exception, not the rule. I sold my last Nieman blank for, $250 or $300 I think. When I ordered another key I ended up with another blank I found years later and sold it.

But, I'm an original key fiend. I must have OEM keys for every car I own or it drives me
    nuts. I couldn't survive with an Ilco copy.

Newman likes this.