430 6MT market price thread | Page 12 | FerrariChat

430 6MT market price thread

Discussion in '360/430' started by howl, Sep 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ndanielc

ndanielc Karting

May 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Im seeing the grey/silver/black cars, non optioned seats, etc... are going for the lower price points. Its all variable. The right options, the right color, the right trim gets the higher end...its just like any other car.

2. ndanielc

ndanielc Karting

May 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I think theres about a 15k delta from 6 speed coupes to spiders. Spiders holding higher prices.

3. M360Dom

M360Dom Karting

Jul 21, 2009
    New York
    local dealer has two at just over 200 for sale last I checked.

4. mickpucc

mickpucc Karting

Aug 6, 2010
    Pa
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo M
  5. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    50 to 60k over an f1. solid.

6. dwells

dwells Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    2005 430 Berlinetta coupe
    Red over tan
    Gated manual
    16k miles
    Just serviced
    no shields
    no daytonas
    mild carbon fiber
    challenge wheels
    new tires
    Whats she worth?

7. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi If you want to give me a call im happy to discuss my thoughts
    Mike 973-610-7111

8. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom

Would need more details. A really clean car, 2007 with good options includingCCB seem to run about 170 - 180 in the current market. Then adds and deducts for options, year, milage....condition. So if pristine, no CCB, and 2005, I am thinking 150- 160 from a dealer. If not a clean history (accident damage, mechanical issues) deduct more. Just my guess looking at the data. But please understand I am not an appraiser, the data here is limited and there is no guarantee it is accurate. So, this is just my crazy guess.

9. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Your insistence on not sharing your thoughts or not stating prices does not support the integrity of the market as you state in your ad, it actually undermines transparency of the market. Full price transparency helps a market find its equilibrium and facilitates transactions. Opaque markets like you are supporting results in price gouging and lack of trust. Anyone who questions this just need purchase a intro to microeconomics book. It would be great f someone with your deep and I am sure thoughtful knowledge of the market publicly shared your thoughts and actually published prices on your cars. Now, if a car is on consignment and the owner asked you not to post the price, just state that but please don't insult us by saying you are doing this to support the market.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  10. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    If anyone is interested, looks like (I have not checked it out) there is a nice '06 listed on continentals site.

11. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Lol!! your making me dizzy!!!!!!!!
    I sell alot of cars by protecting my clients and always producing a more then fair price for the buyer at the end
    if you want to buy one of my cars just call me xo

12. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    First, allow me to apologize for posting my comment in open forum. As a respected sponsor I should have PM'd you. Also, thanks for,your support of the forum. As this is out there, I fully respect you comment that you are protecting your clients. However, in your ad posted Tuesday for a 6mt you say, " and maintain the integrity of the market". Not posting prices damages the integrity of the market, and sharing actual transaction data as well as asking prices improves the integrity of the market. So, thank you for your forum support and kudos to you for looking out for your sellers.

13. StephenDavis

StephenDavis Rookie

Oct 12, 2015
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Stephen Davis
    Agreed. About $50K premium but I expect that to go up. There aren't that many 3 pedals.

14. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    As a data point, a beautiful 2008 red/tan spider with fewer than 8k miles sold recently for 154k. It sold within a few days of being posted.

15. Cinque

Cinque Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2012
    West Coast
    Just curious, was $154k the listing price, or did you hear that was the actual price it sold for? Was it a Ferrari dealer or independent dealer?

16. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It was a private party. It was listed for $154k and I am 99% sure it sold for that price. I called the very first day it was listed and went to go look at it and the guy wouldn't budge at all on price (can't blame him, but I tried anyway). It was perfect but I let the rational side of me win and I decided not to pull the trigger. He said he had several other people lined up ready to buy it and he took the ad down the very next day so I think it is safe to assume it sold for that price.

He did tell me that he priced it based on what the local Ferrari dealer told him they thought they could sell it for ($170k) and then he backed out their 10% consignment fee and listed it himself.

17. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    I’ve thought an MT with under ten k is a $179 car for awhile. I feel fortunate to have just picked up an 18k one for a buck fifty.

As a guy I’ve never met but respect on Rennlist (Mooty) has long said, if you love the spec, buy the car! Quibbling over a few thousand dollars when it’s the car you want is bound to upset and frustrate you.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

18. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Agree - it was worth every dollar he was asking. I didn't spend very long trying to negotiate since we both knew he had priced it fairly, but it did need new tires and hadn't been serviced in a while so I thought maybe he would be willing to knock a bit off for that, but I decided not to buy for personal reasons (just not the right timing). An 18k mile example for 150k is definitely a solid deal too.

Btw fantastic collection you have!! I would be curious how you like your new F430 MT compared to so many other wonderful cars.

(and according to your profile, your bday is the same day as mine, so Happy almost birthday!)

19. Twosherpaz

Twosherpaz Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    Thermal, CA
    Full Name:
    Private
    Thanks so much! Happy Happy!

I was actually sort of shocked how much I like the manual 430. I drove it from Palm Springs to San Diego over the mountain passes this past Saturday, and the enjoyment of going through the gears, sorta trying to rev match at times (lol), and the liveliness of the engine was quite fun.

Honestly, I recently favorably compared it to my 720. It just has so much more involvement and frankly, enjoyment.

Visceral cars are the best! The FXX, CS, 16M, CGT probably top the list. Rolling through the gears in a Ferrari? Priceless.

G. Pepper and Manda racing like this.
  20. Lfsglass

Lfsglass Rookie

Sep 21, 2013
    New Orleans
    I have posted in the Challenge section but have not yet received any insight.

Any idea what the retail and wholesale value is on a '07 (white) 430 Challenge car? 10k miles, well maintained, documented no issue car from a reputable owner/driver?

21. ArmenVanquishS

ArmenVanquishS Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2014
    Paris, France
    +1 !!! Manual F430 is such a joy to drive !

808Forza and Way2fast like this.
  22. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
  23. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Gil, that's a beautiful interior.

Meanwhile, here's a gated 430 coupe up for auction here in the UK next month. It looks like a decent car and should provide an idea of how things are over here (which I think is, pretty slow)..

http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/2008-ferrari-f430

24. Magnani

Magnani Rookie

Feb 26, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Just sold my 2005 red/tan manual f430 coupe. Shields, Daytona seats, carbon dash, extra leather, new manifolds and impeccable maintenance at dealer. Asking was $130k, sold at $124k. It had 32k miles and had a carfax with minor(no air bag) front damage. It sold fast and I think it was a steal. Drove better than most low miles cars. I think my car with an F1 would be a $75k car, and I think the $50k premium is still the market. I think the spread will grow and I will regret selling. I miss her already

25. howl

howl Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2011
    Chicago/Boca
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Thank you for the data point. Sounds like it is a nice car.