430 Headers Revisited- AP, Fabspeed, Capristo, Top Speed... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

430 Headers Revisited- AP, Fabspeed, Capristo, Top Speed...

Discussion in '360/430' started by Cinque, Feb 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    My car has Fabspeed headers, blankets, and cats, and is now back at the dealer for the second time for issues dealing with the aftermarket products. I put a call into Fabspeed, and they got right back to me (I was on a conference call and unable to answer) and I will call them again today. I have found that over the years the same model cars, with the same aftermarket products will react differently. Sometimes there are no issues, no codes, other times well my current 430 is the other. I am sure between, Me, Fabspeed, & Algar, the issues will be solved. This is not a knock on Fabspeed, nor am saying anything negative about them, in fact they were quick to contact me back which in the aftermarket world is not usually been my experience.

2. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    I had Fabspeed headers, header blankets, sport cats, tips and x-pipe installed last Spring on my 430; decided to take the x-pipes off and put the oem muffler back on as it was just too loud (drone gave me a head ache). The sound is not too loud as long as the exhaust valves are not open - when caps open it is loud. Nice thing is that it is very easy to swap the x-pipes and muffler when I want to (20 minutes with a socket wrench and pliers). I initially had a problem withe the Fabspeed valves on the new tips but Fabspeed replaced for free with no hassles (great service). I would highly recommend Fabspeed products - great performance and decent value.

3. ottleydesign

ottleydesign Karting

Apr 27, 2012
    PBC - South FL
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I cerakoted my Top speed headers and S-Line exhaust pipes. My heat gun during a sporty hot South FL summer day shows around 550-600 Degree's for both headers and exhaust. What numbers are you guys getting? I'm thinking about wrapping both to lower the engine bays ambient temperature. My engine bay is all carbon fiber and my deck lid can get hot to the touch. Would love to know what numbers others with aftermarket headers and exhaust are getting. Thanks.

gsworld2014 likes this.
  4. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    Basically same Asian made. Top speed are great. I have had for 2 years now. Ceramic coated. Sounds awesome with stock exhaust.

5. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    One thing with the headers they sound different for some reason on different year cars.. 2005 sounds different then a 2008

6. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    The brake cable is on the other side of the frame .... if anything gets too much heat it would be ac compressor. My mechanic actually said if the e brake melts he would replace it.... that’s how sure he was

7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    08 has different cylinder heads, valves, cams, and inlet manifolds.

Did you notice the later car was quieter?

gsworld2014 likes this.
  8. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    I see most drive here 4 in 1 manifold. Have you ever measured the car on the dyno? I have already seen some diagrams with a break at 4,000 rpm and have the problem myself. I have already opened a separate thread about it. Feeling it is not slower, but the dyno speaks a different language. Next week I measure iPE headers with the stock muffler and then we will see how much the X-Pipe costs performance. For the F430, the 4 in 2 in 1 Capristo Headers may be better.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    The diagram say (black is with 4in1 headers, 200 cell kats and X-Pipe):

3.800 rpm:
    + 25 Nm
    + 20 HP

4.000 rpm:
    same like stock

4.200 rpm:
    - 60 Nm
    - 35 HP

5.000 rpm (here is the point where it gets better):
    - 55 Nm
    - 40 HP

6.000 rpm:
    same like stock

Over 6,000 rpm, this configuration no longer brings any advantage over stock. The sound is perfect, but I think this configuration makes no sense for the performance. The stock headers are 4in2in1 like the Capristo headers and I think Ferrari had a reason to build that. Thus, I consider whether the 4in1 variant is the best.

10. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    You're not running an ecu tune to manage the higher back flow from your upgrades? You really have to in order to truly benefit from these updates.

CarAholic likes this.
  11. jo.e

jo.e Karting

Jan 6, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Jochen
    The competent tuners in Germany say: If the hardware does not fit, the software does not help. You could possibly drive 0.9 lambda or 102 octane gasoline to prevent the return of the ignition angle.

12. gsworld2014

gsworld2014 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2014
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Greg S
    It was a little quieter but more than anything it has a deeper note more like a muscle car but an x pipe fixed it.

13. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Digging up an old thread with some thoughts.

My Ferrari tech says that the sound on my 430 is more muscle car like on idle. I have the Top Speed headers with Tubi dual muffler exhaust. Does anyone else with the 4-1 headers feel that the sound is not “Ferrari”. Once on the move it sound better but with a deeper tone.

The other thing is that the headers are causing my carbon fiber panels to turn yellow just by the headers. Can I fit Fabspeed blankets or some other blankets to the Top Speed headers? They are ceramic coated already.

14. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I have top speed and still have a very Ferrari sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    The Tubi exhaust is the cause of the deep tone and not the headers. Yes the Fabspeed blankets will fit your topspeed headers. A member here has found a vendor that has similar design and materials for less compared to Fabspeed...Do a search.

Good Luck!

16. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I have fabspeed blankets on my header. My cf panels are doing just great, but I also pop the hood to release heat so its not baking back there after long drives.

17. Zed82

Zed82 Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2017
    Sweden
    Thanks. However the sound was more muscle car like with the stock exhaust.