450S in Sweden? | FerrariChat

450S in Sweden?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by FastFreddie, Dec 13, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    For the next issue of the bulletin of the Swedish Maserati club, we have made an inventory of all Maserati in Sweden. There are websites where you can track all cars. To our surprise there is supposed to exist a 450S from 1957 in Sweden. Can this be true? No one every heard about it or saw it.

alfieri107 likes this.
  2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    One 450S was existing in Sweden, owned by Hans Thulin. It was chassis #4510. Thulin went bancrupt in around 1991 and the car was taken over by Optima Bank which also went bancrupt one year later. A German industrialist took over the car with its broken engine. The car was restored and sold in 1998 to the USA.

Currently there is -according to my humble knowledge- no genuine (!) 450S located in Sweden.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  3. FastFreddie

FastFreddie Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2010
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Fredric Gustafsson
    Thank you Walter, that is what I thought

4. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hans Thulin certainly bought iconic cars for a spell at that time.

Just then, late 80's early 90's, I was visiting family in Sweden walking around Stockholm on a shopping day on Regeringsgatan (street) walking on the block where Akademi book store now is, when my jaw dropped: a totally unexpected sight in the lobby of an upscale office building: a Bugatti Royale.

Now there are about six in the world, they are Unicorns, they are huge to the point of being gigantic so seeing one is always an experience..and this was so totally unexpected...

It was the one Thulin owned for a while.

It would be nice to unearth some photos of 450S #4510 when it was in Sweden: Fredric there is your challenge for the Swedish club old timers:)

5. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yep, would be great to find photos of the car in Sweden. Thulin participated also in the MM where he broke the engine of the car.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  6. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Thulin was also behind the Sothebys sale of a GTO for record money which was never paid. The finance only lasted so long!

Nembo1777 likes this.