456 I found for sale, whatcha think? | FerrariChat

456 I found for sale, whatcha think?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by AuthenticRebuilds, Feb 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
  2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    make sure they give you the factory wheels

3. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Josh,
    There’s a lot that can go wrong with aging early (non-M) cars.
    You’d be wise to read the Buyers Guide, it details them pretty well.
    Valve guides, window regulators, shocks, rear diffuser, radiator, fobs and codes, They are all big ticket items.
    I’d also take a very hard look at the service history. I’d want to know if it needs a belt service and it the trans has been routinely serviced. And if the valve guides haven’t been changed, I’d want a compression and leak down test during the PPI.
    I suspect the high miles is half the reason for the low price, some of the list above is the other half....

Oh, and the auto trans GTA is a dream to drive, particularly in city traffic.

4. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    thanks for the reply, Ive been talking about a 348 that needs alot of love today that might make its way to my garage if things work out, its white with tan, just like my porsche cayman. It even has leaves in the engine area but the cam belt pics I just got show it being intact so thats good. If I get it, ill be doing a full engine out service before even trying to crank it. well see how it goes.

5. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That's a killer price if the car is structurally/aesthetically good. The mechanical stuff can always be dealt with. Def need to have the original wheels (if available), those ones on there are terrible. Bet it would've been sold by now if the guy had put proper wheels on it...psychology and all...

6. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    I think its a great looking car,,,but I want a gated manual.

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Look for 95s then, they are all manuals.

AuthenticRebuilds likes this.