458 Challenge manual? | FerrariChat

458 Challenge manual?

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by JAM1, Mar 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Does anyone have a shop manual (or other) for a 458 Challenge Evo? Or, can someone point me in the right direction? Trying to sort my car out and having everything in one doc would be really helpful!

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Appreciate it.

Is there one specifically for the Challenge cars? Or, maybe I need a shop manual over owners manual to locate more specific items. For example, my car's battery died from sitting. Charged it, started the car, but now it has a rev limiter warning and kicks the car into "N". I gather the rev limiter issue is related to low voltage and hooking it up to VCI will allow reset, but I also want to understand how the systems of the car work rather than just plugging it in... hence the manual search.

Vespa67 likes this.
  3. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    The 458 challenge documents were a memory stick available for purchase to teams. You will need to find someone that has one they are willing to sell or you can still order them from Ferrari/FNA

JAM1 likes this.
  4. Joeyung

Joeyung Karting

Mar 9, 2011
    Kentucky
    That is a very small battery in the Challenge car and if you haven't replaced it you probably need to. I have only used the Italia workshop manual to do the work on mine. As far as VCI errors, sometimes you just need to reset them and forget it, Italian electronics is not a precise business. If they keep coming back you have a problem that needs to be researched, but normally they just dont come back.

JAM1 likes this.