458 exhaust help | FerrariChat

458 exhaust help

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jbwz, May 21, 2018.

1. We apologize, our new Classifieds has been intermittently down as we sent an email today that overloaded the system. We'll get it fixed and then you can link from the header "Buy - Sell" or from the email. Thanks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbwz

jbwz Rookie

Sep 23, 2015
    Libertyville, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jack Bowser Jr
    • Image Unavailable, Please Login I just bought a 2015 458 Italia and love it but am a little disappointed in the exhaust note. Any recommendations for modifying it or an aftermarket exhaust? Thanks

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Welcome & enjoy

Lots of exhaust threads in the 458 section

3. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Just pull the vacuum hoses off of the bypass valves and be done with it. It will sound great and eliminate needlessly spending $XX,XXX.

jbwz likes this.
  4. KatMan

KatMan Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Stan K
    I did the vacuum hose off the bypass valves thing on my 430. It does sound great and you will save a lot of money.

jbwz likes this.
  5. jbwz

jbwz Rookie

Sep 23, 2015
    Libertyville, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jack Bowser Jr
    Sounds good. I will give it a try

6. bisel

bisel Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Steve Bisel
    Make sure that plug the hose to prevent vacuum leaks when you disconnect the hose

Steve

jbwz likes this.
  7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Steve is correct. Also for a458, install a bypass controller. The droning from the exhaust will dry you insane. Forza is the best imo.

klointheridge likes this.