458 Italia intermittent no start issue | FerrariChat

458 Italia intermittent no start issue

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by SpecialEnzo, Jun 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpecialEnzo

SpecialEnzo Rookie

Jun 9, 2022
    Hi this 458 Italia doesn't start sometimes and left dash screen's top bar turns light blue color and immo light goes on. i hooked up my scanner and it gives:

LF Engine - U0115 Lost Communication With Ecm/ Pcm B - Malfunction (Sig)
    '' - P175B Unknown DTC
    '' - P175A Unknown DTC
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RH Engine - P0605 Unknown DTC
    '' - P1663 Ion Sensing Knock Control Cyl 4 (sig)
    '' - P1660 '' Cyl 1 (Sig)
    '' - P1661 '' Cyl 2 (Sig)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Transmission System - U194D Vehcan msg mot1 invalid signal (invalid mot1 message content)
    '' - U1945 Vehcan node ncma invalid signal (lost all communication with ncm)

I immediately though about the male & female connectors(common fault). But this symptom only occurs when i START the car & turn off and immediately start again. So i checked the BCM and it's VIN says Not available. I'm thinking of Immo off for this car if it's not the wiring issue. All i pray is for that there is someone who has experienced this before and can save me time!

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Just to start with the simplest. How old is the battery? Many, many 458 error messages occur when the battery is near the end of its life, 4yrs is about it.

3. SpecialEnzo

SpecialEnzo Rookie

Jun 9, 2022
    Battery is new and is OK.

4. mp5999

mp5999 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2006
    Hi guys, this 458 is having same issue, what was the diagnosis and repair? Or if anyone has any helpful ideas.

thank you!