458 value | FerrariChat

458 value

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dbops618, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dbops618

Dbops618 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2017
    florida
    Full Name:
    D. Hernandez
    seems like the value has been rising a bit

2. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    Really? I thought it’s dropping, about 5-10k cheaper than summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Assuming you are in United States - then definitely still falling. In fact, they fell quite significantly in year 2017.

I know no one likes to hear it, but the 458 Italia and Spyder will not be an appreciating car for a long time. They are just way too many of them (estimated 20k units). Just be satisfied that while depreciating, it is depreciating a lot slower than most $300k cars do.

Just a quick check on CarGurus lists around 170 cars available for sale in the United States alone. That doesn't mean it's not an amazing car, I still prefer the 458 to the 488 personally, but it's important to have realistic expectations.

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    It's just a car, an expensive one ... yes !

And it's normal for any car to depriciate. First years far more than later. But there is a halt somewhere (not reached yet here).

Not going up, unless it's a 458 Speciale (or Aperta) ....

5. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i am beginning to be in the market for a 458. i looked over the summer and they appeared to be all above $190. no i am seeing cars around $170-180k. I am hoping that by the end of next summer they are in the $160k range. maybe wishful thinking but we seem to be not that far off from that

6. bberg009

bberg009 Karting

Jan 23, 2016
    Full Name:
    Cancelled my account
    I think that for the berlinettas you might not be far off. For the spiders, it might stabilize $10-20k higher and flatline for a few years before staring a slow increase (like most Ferrari's).

But like Obob said, there is an estimated 15-20k of them out there (not sure about the real number, but there is a bunch), and that is going to create headwinds in pricing. However, I don't think they will ever hit $125-$140 range where many of the good F430s are now..

So, a $160k car might be a great purchase next year, but nor unrealistic. It is hard to predict, especially about the future....