458 Volk & Advan Feedback thread | FerrariChat

458 Volk & Advan Feedback thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by VividRacing, Oct 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    #1 VividRacing, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys, My Volk rep provided me with these pictures and I had to share them with you guys to get some Feedback.. We always get requests over the years asking for exotic fitments well Volk & Advan finally listened and finally made a modern wheel for these new cars.

1st is Volk TE37 Ultra in 20"

2nd)Advan GT Specs (Actually have 2 sets)
    20x9.0 +38 / 20x11.0 +39

3) Advan F50 in PBC Finish.. Picture was taken at TAS earlier this year..

If your not a fan of any of the wheels which one would you choose?

Also many might know this but HRE & Volk are the only 2 companies that have wheel forging process. There is a great video on Youtube showing the process which I can share but can't figure out how to embed in the thread..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Man, the Volk TE37 is timeless. Doesn't look bad on any car.

3. Shadow77

Shadow77 Rookie

May 4, 2012
    Agreed, I just wish that they had done a double concave. Front and rear, I can't help but think that the car would look so much better with concave fronts too. If anyone has any PS skills I'd love to see it!

4. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Not a fan of these wheels at all - I'm happy with the stock Ferrari options. That's me - I think a lot of the modifications done aren't adding anything to the driving/owning experience. I'm probably alone in my views - but you did ask!!

dustman likes this.
  5. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    the obsession with black wheels continues to amaze me...whatever floats your boat I guess

dustman likes this.
  6. DK308

DK308 F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2013
    Europe, way north.
    Full Name:
    AB
    I used to have a set of TE37 Magnesiums on an M3, great wheels. It would be nice to know the weight of these various wheels.
    However, I concur with the amazement over the black wheels, as I just don't get it. This is a good example of why. It would be much easier to see how these wheels actually look on the cars, if you could, well,,,, properly see them. Except for the last picture, I really don't think these pictures with black wheels provide a clear representation of the shape and details of the wheels. I know both Advan and Volk make quality wheels, so I don't doubt the integrity of the wheels.

My 2

7. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    I agree I am not a fan of All Black wheels as they really hid the beauty of the wheel majority of the time. It really has to be the right car and theme for it to be done proper IMO.

I don't think that you are the only one who thinks that way, Some folks are just purists and love the way it rolls off the factory floor.

Its due to the brakes is why you see most front wheels are flat or semi concave on Supercars. Since these are a one piece wheel there is only so much they can do especially with being a high offset.

I will put in a request to find out what the weights are of the wheels and will share..

Thanks for everyones feedback as I will share them with Volk/Advan.

8. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    So got word back from Volk, the weights are as following.

TE37Ultra
    2090 is approx. 10.1kg=22.2667 lbs
    2012 is approx. 11kg =24.2508 lbs

9. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    Curious thoughts on these versus Ferrari forged or regular? Dealer says Ferrari engineered the 488s wheels specifically for the 488.

If the offset is correct, what could be the difference?

I've used Volks before and they have amazing quality control and many race teams use advan and Volk.

Thanks for the feedback,

10. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Ferrari did build the wheels specifically for the 488. BBS is the company that produces these wheels for the car.

Wheels from Volk or Advan could be lighter or stronger than the factory BBS wheel. Could just be a different look you are after but want to keep the same high quality product that your car deserves.

Honestly if it were me the 488 I would run a wheel that would be much better than in terms of weight and style (my opinion). The forgeline carbon wheels could be a good option.
    http://www.forgeline.com/main-products/carbonforged-series/
    They are not cheap obviously

Another great option would be the HRE R101LW wheel. One of the lightest monoblock wheels that i'm aware of.
    http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/series-r1/r101-lightweight