488 Coffee Mug (Finally!) | FerrariChat

488 Coffee Mug (Finally!)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jim Moscardini, Oct 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
    I remember one of the 488 reviews that made a point to demonstrate the ridiculous design and location of the coffee mug holders. Specifically the lack of clearance below the HVAC controls and the narrow base. And of course, I found those comments to be totally relevant. I.e., not single coffee mug or beverage holder in the entire house would fit. I later saw this flask on a shelf, and although a wee bit on the pricey side, decided to give it try. Well, what do you know - IT'S A PERFECT FIT. It's called the Hydro-Flask 16 Oz. Tumbler.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Now those of you <2,000 miles/year purists who scoff at threads pertaining to our stereos, cruise controls, etc., will no doubt queue-up to lambast me for having the irreverence to drink coffee whilst driving a Ferrari, but this information "could" be of value to those who love to drive their cars whenever they can or just choose to; including long road trips. And the 488 is a great GT ride; second only to my beloved '03 Jaguar XKR Coupe when it comes to just making highway miles disappear in the mirror. And ya need a decent coffee mug for road trips!

Salud!

buddyg, pdxjim488, Chizz and 2 others like this.
  2. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Picture of it in the car?

3. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I have spilled at least 10 gallons of coffee on my floor mats. My only serious complaint about any Ferrari (other than sound of F8). I drink coffee all morning / all day. Going to buy one tomorrow. Much appreciated!!

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Switch to espresso... problem solved :)

Ray

Rexcat458 and jc1 like this.
  5. legendd

legendd Karting

Jun 25, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Moshe levy
  6. Jim Moscardini

Oct 8, 2020
    Gainesville, VA USA
    Full Name:
    Jim Moscardini
  7. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Already purchased and delivered (how did we survive before amazon). Just wish it had a slider close. Otherwise perfect. Thanks again

8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    I'm a big fan of Yeti. I have many of their mugs and this thread has inspired me to find one that will fit my 458 Spider. Looking at https://www.yeti.com/en_US/drinkware/tumblers/20oz/21070060025.html. I think it will fit and has a magnetic sliding lid. I'll post an update in a couple of weeks (custom order text).

Rob

9. Tomp444

Tomp444 Rookie

Jul 21, 2018
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Tom Prince
    Coors Light cans also fit perfectly in that cup holder.

10. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Porsche dealer had these for a while that also fit perfect. Used to have a 911 picture and logo but it wore off:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    How did it fit in the 458?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk