488 GTB - Aftermarket exhaust | FerrariChat

488 GTB - Aftermarket exhaust

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by dros1, Jan 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dros1

dros1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    Does anyone know if theres new info of wether novitec or someone else is working on/finishing up an exhaust system?

Thanks

2. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
  3. cpederse

cpederse Rookie

Mar 7, 2011
    That's a Capristo exhaust that EDO uses.....

4. h2c

h2c Karting

Aug 20, 2014
    Right - this is the new capristo system. Sounds really good, but the new current stock exhaust is also very nice for a turbocharged car. Since Ferrari seems to have upgraded the stock exhaust system by the end of last summer, the 488 is quite loud and shoots a lot of flames even at city speeds. But as Ferrari had to cut of the backfiring from the US 458 models via software for economic reasons, I cannot tell if the US cars are already receiving this version or ever will. There are some videos on YouTube where you can hear the difference of both versions very well.

5. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    Was checking capristo web site just now, still they didn't release it for public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MKS

MKS Rookie

Jun 2, 2007
    The current exhaust sounds good just needs test pipes for better sound and more power

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    We're working on getting a 488 in house for development. We're very interested in unlocking more horsepower!

8. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    I should have details on Capristo within the next week or so. I'll PM all those interested with details as soon as I have them.

I spoke with Novitec a few weeks ago. Currently sounds like plans are to release a system this spring.

-James

9. hamad488

hamad488 Karting

Nov 11, 2015
    Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Hamad
    Am looking forward for aftermarket exhaust for my 488

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. IWR

IWR Rookie

Aug 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Ivan Romeo
    #10 IWR, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Here you can find attached some link about 488 TUBI SOLUTIONS. The result that can guarantee the NO KAT TUBI version is powerful.
    I also know for sure that valvetronic systm of TUBI, and new end tips with specific design will be available from February.

https://www.facebook.com/tubistyle/videos/10154608184361477/
    https://www.facebook.com/tubistyle/videos/10154624510316477/
    Tubi Style / Ferrari 2016

Tubi Style is an official technical partner of Michelotto, and their RACE products are mounted
    on every GT3 / NGT Ferrari car around the world. It is an added value in terms of performance and reliability that no other brand can guarantee on Ferrari

11. Mark Terpeney

Mark Terpeney Rookie

Apr 22, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mark Terpeney
    currently building 488 are any options really worth it?

12. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    LED steering wheel, really nice touch IMHO. Then the Scuderia shields are helping resale as I understand. For the rest, it's a matter of personal preferences although apparently many in the US think the "racing" seats and the rear-view camera are must-have.
    My car (in France) is actually very lightly optioned, the most expensive being the carbon-fiber LED wheel; then I have the shields, colored callipers, contrasted stitching and matching seatbelts color. Then I added the aftermarket dead pedal from Hill Engineering and the extended carbon paddles from Carbonio (a really useful addition to drive the car).

13. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Further fueled by the 488 hater's club, there's no shortage of aftermarket hype regarding the need to upgrade the 488 exhaust system in order to improve the sound and performance. Poppycock! I took delivery of a new 488 last week and can unequivocally state that the OEM exhaust system sounds fantastic. And as far as performance goes, well the motoring press has been drooling all over the 488's performance since its introduction.

14. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    I went capristo on mine and my personal opinion is the sound is tremendously better. Didn't hate it before but it is fantastic now. My .02

Viperjoe likes this.
  15. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

These (plus leather headliner) are IMO totally worth it. Caliper color is of course one's personal choice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Headliner for sure 100% just don't like the OEM stuff. Plus white stitching on black really looks good.
    Horse stitch and shields 100%
    Rear leather yes.
    The electrochromatic mirrors yes as the stand rear view mirror looks like it was pulled out of a corolla

17. Clothaire

Clothaire Rookie

Nov 1, 2017
    Hi sir will receive my 488 gtb in 3 weeks and i am alson wondering if at all an after market exhaust system should be considered... hesitating between novitec and akrapovic but cannot decide at the moment ... what do you think ? Thanks for your hell cheers from france

18. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    I went Capristo on my 488. Absolutely car changing. I love it.