488 GTO ? | Page 36 | FerrariChat

488 GTO ?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wab0625, Apr 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    All these monikers and what they respresent are actually rather confusing. SE, VS. LE. All I know is that there won’t be many 488 GTO’s when compared to 488 GTB’s. Those who are able to order one will need to be good, established Ferrari buyers (at the dealer level). Obviously, clients who get the nod to buy LaFerraris will get an allocation if they choose.

2. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    This is the kind of car that top customers will grab an allocation closer to the start of the build cycle and then flip as there is no reason to keep this non-limited turbo production car and every reason to flip early. This could potentially make a profit off those that can't wait and also add another notch towards the next real LE. Flipping this car out of the collection will not be frowned upon for top customers like an LE or hyper car would IMO. If demand increases more from the hype then the profit potential will increase. The only issue is that those who truly dream of an allocation (and could afford one) might miss their slot to get one new from the flipping.

3. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    markonex likes this.
  4. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    It seems to me, that 2018 488 GTE evo will be sort of " less downforce, less drag, more efficiency" due to the really sad top speed on straight in WEC and IMSA, especially on Mulsanne straight.

5. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
  6. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    We already know how the front will look like 488 GTO ? Even though this may not be the final design, I'm sure it will be very close to this if not the same.

7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The car will be exceptional to drive and that's reason enough to keep it.

8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Put the blame on BOP regulations for that.

chrixxx likes this.
  9. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    but no worry. they have won everything this year.. ( all 3-- driver, constructor and team)

markonex and REALZEUS like this.
  10. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    This is a good point. I consider an allocation to be if the dealer accepts your deposit and says you will get a car but probably the only consistent way to use the word application is when you have the order in MODIS with your name attached to it. That's probably the only way that would be consistent the world over, regardless of dealer or country.

chrixxx and uhn2000 like this.
  11. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Very interesting point. Are you saying that an order can exist in MODIS without an allocation? For example my 812 order shows up in MODIS and my ferrari site. If that's the case, How do you know when an allocation has been given to an order? The status code 10 Green seems to be referred as "order accepted". Is that what allocation means?

12. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria

The Ferrari PIN is a personal identification number sent automatically via email from Ferrari to new clients once they have placed an order for a new car with an Authorized Ferrari dealership. If you meet this criteria and have not received your PIN, please check with your selling dealer to ensure that your information has been accurately submitted.

When a buyer gets the PIN number?
    I guess as soon a/the configuration was sent?

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    From what I was told, the order in Modis can exist without an allocation. I do not know when myferrari is linked up with Modis - IE before or after the allocation. My best guess is that Myferrari will show your car once the allocation has been given, but that is just a guess. As well as my guess that Stage 10 green means an allocation has been received.

14. markonex

markonex Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2015
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yeah, i know the BOP, I'm the first hater of the bop, even if this year with the automatic one, we avoided stupid sandbagging of last years.

15. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    My ?My Ferrari" account didn't go live until weeks after my order was entered in MODIS and I received a factory allocation. Also, the online account is nice to have but it never did reflect my order specs precisely. Still today my online account is missing a handful of options that I ordered. At first I was concerned that something was wrong, but then my dealer sent me copies of my MODIS factory submission and it was all correct. My car arrived as it should have.

of2worlds likes this.
  16. rossocorsa

rossocorsa Karting

Jan 29, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Colin
    of2worlds and jo_ker like this.
  17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Much respect for that post. :)

18. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    thank you Rossocorsa1.

i have to ask on Monday my dealer - for MODIS info and my PIN for the order.

regarding our US colleagues: all what i know about Porsche NA... if just 10% is happening also at Ferrari NA and there dealers.
    it is a different story - if we speak about "strategy" and in other words: greedy dealers - here within EU.
    thanks god.

19. jo_ker

jo_ker Karting

Mar 29, 2014
    Germany/Austria
    i meant "thank you rossocorsa" - but nevertheless thank you also Rossocorsa1 for the MODIS experience.

and here we have another reason why not all Ferraris should be rossocorsa :p :D

20. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I believe the Ferrari System has been showing a code for the 488VS since mid 2016. It does not accept orders yet, so Challenger64 is right to say that no client name is in MODIS yet. As far as I know, for Switzerland, dealers have accepted pre-orders on an unconfirmed basis and without deposit, since the allocation will be subject to factory guidelines (unlike the Speciale). No one knows what those guidelines will be at this stage. I have submitted my pre-order and not been confirmed at this stage, despite having bought all the limited series up to now, so I assume the playing field is level for everyone. As far as I understand it, it is not a limited series and it is not going to be called GTO, but it will be terrific as usual!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

chrixxx likes this.
  21. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    In France pre-orders have been taken with deposits, which are however fully refundable.

22. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Same in the UK at my dealer.

23. MuratC

MuratC Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Latest news from various dealers...

It won't be called GTO, for sure
    It will be considered as a ltd. production car like the Speciale
    No dealer knows what number of cars they will be able to get yet
    There is no guarantee of a car even if you make any sort of deals with your dealer as it has no binding with Ferrari Italy
    It will be shown to the dealers towards the end of January

chrixxx and of2worlds like this.
  24. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    So: only Modis can tell ... as George mentionned :D

25. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    There is the officially marketed "Limited Edition" and then the "Special Edition" cars. The 458 Speciale was a SE and not a LE. Just to keep the lingo straight. The 458 Speciale Aperta was LE. The info posted here so far indicates both 488 variants will be SE not LE.

of2worlds likes this.