488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 32 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    I found harnesses a complete pain for about 2 weeks. Then they just became totally natural. I started to hate the regular belts in my other cars for how vulnerable they made me feel.

2. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    These seats weren't available in Oz

3. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
    Where is the place for the Front number plate?

4. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    The front plate sits nicely behind the passenger seat.

5. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    So number plate is "active "

JagShergill likes this.
  6. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    :D:D

7. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Cgk360, cpd1 and agrun like this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Yes, the century where you can see something made of metal besides the oil filler cap. :)

Finlander likes this.
  9. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    In the boot ..

stavura, Shadowfax and F2003-GA like this.
  10. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Ooooops! I knew I’d be a carbon fiber junky - again !! A big thank you to the TailerMade team at the factory for being AWESOME ( as our american bretheren would say ).
    Just specced My TailerMade Pista at the factory - and landed back — awesome trip !!! I went silly .... silly silly on the cf - I loved speccing the car with the Amazing team at TailerMade ... it’s my 3rd TM car specced and I must say speccing and bespoking her was the most fun of all my multiple trips to the factory over the years ...
    Ive got the renderings , ended up speccing the CF rims too ( I’m soooo pleased with them in real life - the white heat resistant inner lining actually Imho will get a fab patina )..... i know this is the picture thread but can’t put the pics up till she arrrives in the year ahead - my special tweaks and paint need real photos - I will post then— just on cloud 9 at the moment . I Love the pista - looks immense in real life— bellisimo !!

Spider68, johnr265, Shack and 11 others like this.
  11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Excited for you.

12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats Jag Enjoy in good health :)

13. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thank you

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks Jaz , appreciate it.

The various different possible colour combos on the car highlight a stark difference in the effect of the impact lighter colours have compared to the darker colours as with all curvy cars, but the pista exagerrates this ;
    I’ve gone for a bright , luscious triple paint-however , I think anyone speccing her in a triple layer white will be brave but completely show this car to its majestic brilliance — this car is a visual auotomotive 12 course , Michelin starred meal with a nice bottle of chateaux neuf du pape ... with sticky toffee pudding all served by a luscious waitress .... all the senses get tickled ! And I haven’t even heard the engine yet !!:)

15. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Job well done!

Gr. Martin

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    To the picture rescue perhaps; with a view minus the white in the second image here ->
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Idle curiosity - did they tell you at 'tailor made' that the 'heat protection' is white?
    Also where did you go for your tailor made visit; they were moving to a different area specifically for tm visits at the factory recently?
    Will look forward to seeing the finished tri-strato paint result with stripes?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  17. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thank you

matt0 likes this.
  18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    They didn’t specifically say the heat protection was white but it is what was on show in the Tm room. It was held in the same room/site as before but they are building a massive new TM / atelier specific building almost next to it- looks massive but still being built.

of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    From my experience having ceramic coated several exhaust manifolds and exhaust lines that is the colour of the ceramic coating

of2worlds likes this.
  20. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
  21. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Is it just me or does it not sound very good??? Wonder how it will be compared to a speciale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I think it's just you.:)
    Sounds great to me taking into consideration that both of those cars are running in cold start mode in that vid. The ECU settings and exhaust valve open settings will make the engine sound courser and significantly louder for @ 60 sec until it comes off the cold start function and returns to normal idle. I suspect the Pista will sound similar to a 488 with an aftermarket exhaust and tune but with a touch more tone from the change in headers. The speciale has its own sound. Sound is subjective. Some say the 458 sounds better than the Speciale where others say opposite. Some say Gt3 sounds better than speciale and some say 488 sounds better than all of the above. So soon we will probably hear how Pista sounds better than all of them too! Either-way I'll be happy as they all sound good to me.

23. carlom001

carlom001 Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2010
    I think I am more excited than you Jag after reading this (if that is possible)-can't wait to see the pics - no doubt will be very special.

JagShergill and of2worlds like this.
  24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Congrats Jag. I also came back from the factory yesterday - did 812 TM the day after you. I’ll probably post a thread about the experience, my first, on the V12 thread in a day or so. Just to say that there were a few Pistas around the factory in varying states of camouflage still. But echoing your thoughts, the car just looks stunning when viewed ‘in the wild’ so-to-speak. This car really is a treat and there are some surface details that are not immediately apparent from photographs. I was particularly struck with the area ahead of the rear wheel arch which was far more sculpted and interesting than photographs seem to show. Also, when you look through the S-Duct from above, you can see the road! I had assumed for some reason that the front lip would just flow through the body but actually it is a kind of ‘internal wing’ that seems to be fed from the front and underneath. Really interesting from an aero point of view I imagine.

On the line, they told us that there is a Pista going through every now-and-again and we saw one in the early stages of assembly, with a crowd of technical guys following. There seemed to be a lot of pulling and pushing on some of the panels, almost like they were still trying to establish what to do and what not-to-do in assembly.

Honestly, I have now been to the factory many times, but it always reminds me of some of the reasons I just love Ferrari. The passion flows, hand-in-hand with the idiosyncrasies which add such personality to this place. They do things with a sense of style, not even style over substance, just solidly good style. They invest in development, the car but also the facilities - the major investment in the new Atelier/TM buildings for example. This in itself is an example of the stylish way they do things. People were afraid of the public listing and what it might do to the brand, but preparing for an increase in added-value bespoke builds is a way of increasing profit, without forcing volume, by adding value to the customer. In my mind, that is a ‘stylish’ thing to do.

And when you have a go at TM, it’s hard to think of doing it any other way. You spend a bit more, but they are relaxed in telling you what things will cost and helping you to get to a desired end result. I was given some good advice (including by Jag) before I went and it really helped. Mainly, do some homework beforehand and be prepared. We had to rush at the end because of catching a flight, but really, even if you are reasonably quick with decisions, it takes about three hours to do it properly. And it’s tiring! Ferrari and their staff are honestly brilliant. They love what they do, they are respectful of both the customer and the brand and you get the feeling they love it when people have a keen idea or have done some research - it shows them you are as passionate about the brand as they are.

My Pista TM is booked for October. Back to the iPad for months on end then...

25. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Thanks for the great write up. I’m curious, do you need to be a Taylor Made client to spec your car at the factory Atelier? I built my 488 GTB at my dealer and I did visit the factory for a tour last May, but I’m curious if they only do Taylor Made cars at the factory. If I’m fortunate enough to get a Pista allocation I’ll likely be focused on the standard options list, not building a TM car.

of2worlds likes this.