488 - 488 Pista Picture Thread | Page 37 | FerrariChat

488 488 Pista Picture Thread

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by -CD-, Feb 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Ooo... I think I'm having a trouser episode...

2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Someone was asking about the exhaust earlier but it looks perfect once the carbon is mounted. Great pictures again!

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  3. Musicman

Musicman Karting

Feb 8, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
  4. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Launch car color

Jeronimo GTO, Musicman and of2worlds like this.
  5. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Congrats!!

Btw, As clearly seen on this picture the stripes widen slightly from the front to the back to give a more balanced perspective from the front and back and be more aesthetically pleasing in proportion on the different body panel dimensions- a small but clever little detail.... me likes!!!!!

Camlet1, stavura, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Had not noticed that before - nice spot. I agree, it is a lovely detail. The more you look at this car there are so many large and small details. It is best described with that overused word; masterpiece.

7. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Mmmm... While Ferrari have certainly pulled one out of the back with the Pista, 'masterpiece' might be overdoing it a little.

boobernackle likes this.
  8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think so. It doesn’t have a bad angle yet includes some of the most aggressive aero modifications yet seen from Ferrari. Aerodynamic addenda do not have their purpose in aesthetics, so how do you significantly move the game on at the same time as making a car more beautiful than its donor?

A masterpiece is a piece of art created by a master. Both elements of the definition seem present to me.

9. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    It has, what seems to be, a horrible broken nose look about the kink in the hood where the waterfall dips under the bridge for a start.

10. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    A matter of taste. I saw the pista in Geneva, wow, for me the perfect Ferrari. The beautiful GTB in perfection. Not one detail without a function, everything combined in a homogeneous overall concept. IMO the qualification “a masterpiece” is more than allowed.

ok458, stavura, Lukeylikey and 6 others like this.
  11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Would love to see some different colours on the interior. Maybe some red or blue alcantara.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Not always.

But...

I haven't seen it in the flesh yet and my experience of the last few generations of Ferraris is that they always look better in the flesh than they do in photographs, so everything I say here comes with that reservation.

boobernackle, nmcclure, jm2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    “Masterpiece” works for me. “Instant classic”, too. Not an easy feat with today’s aero demands, regulatory burdens, mechanical complexity,
    & tight packaging requirements. FDC has proven itself to be a worthy successor to Pininfarina.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    +1

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I was initially going to have blue Medio but actually seeing it on a swatch it looks almost dark greenish... hence I went for black alcantara ..

of2worlds likes this.
  16. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Maybe I'm cheap, but I think the value for money of the Pista has become questionable given how much Ferrari has stretched its price.
    The Pista is a nice and serious improvement exercice, but not so dramatic. The tdf was more thorougly modified compared to the F12 - with the body actually modified beyond the removable front and rear parts, and the introduction of rear wheel steering. This is consistent with the tdf being a LE and the Pista being "only" a VS, but then the price increase compared to the regular version has to be in line with these facts.
    Besides, congrats to all those buying a Pista - I'm sure it's going to be great anyway.

bbr likes this.
  17. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

The only problem is that we don’t know the price yet (at least not in the US we don’t).

18. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    At least very close to the 812 price, potentially with a significant amount of "mandatory options" (equivalent to about $30K) to be added on top of that, if the US situation is to be similar to Europe.

19. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    The mandatory options game or "highly recommended" options game is just at its beginning...
    Sergio M. said it loud and clear in Geneva, they want to test the upper limit of their clients price sensitivity. There is no better way to impact the P&L than a pricey options list as margins are better there (and increasing production takes money and time). In Switzerland so far the Pista will come with the mandatory options from factory but on top of that you have to take on another 50K of options if you want to confirm your allocation...at least for the earlier deliveries like late 2018-2019. That's CHF 370-380K as minimum so roughly 100K extra over a correctly optioned GTB (no carbon). I doubt they will compromise on this premium later vis a vis the first clients.

10,000 worldwide pre-order for the Pista. Some might drop out seeing the final price or without the patience for it but that still leaves a good number of candidates to pay top prices for this car. If I were Sergio, I would limit GTB/Spider production to ramp up as many Pistas as possible in the next 2 years :) that's where the money is...
    The car is great, looks great and will please all the lucky owners but I suspect Ferrari to have masterminded this allocation process and the buzz around to monetize what they felt was left on the table for the Speciale.

of2worlds likes this.
  20. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Alcantara is best with black. Other colors should be leather.

21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    #922 Caeruleus11, Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    As I see it, the Pista is a masterpiece. I agree with @Lukeylikey. In my eyes, they began this generation with the sexy 458 Italia. Beautiful curves, no bad angles. Searing new age performance. Then they went on a journey to get us here- the 488 Pista- the most aggressive V8 model yet with the highest performance they've ever had in a V8. As I see it, its the perfect sendoff for the journey begun with the Italia.

I suspect the Pista will allow them to position the 488GTB successor higher in the market place. We will have to wait to have the cars in our hands to know for sure, but it sure does seem to me this is mission accomplished by Ferrari. The car is just an absolute stunner, and manages to be both beautiful and brutish.

22. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    Do you mean 1,000? 10,000 seems awfully high.

RipVega likes this.
  23. bbr

bbr Karting

Jun 22, 2011
    Geneva-CH
    Full Name:
    BBR
    I have been told that figure by a dealer after his meeting with F Europe. No way to prove it but many dealers have been saying that they have received 3 to 4 times more demand than their current allocation number. This would back up that estimate. Again, it was before any pricing and timing info.

of2worlds likes this.
  24. nmcclure

nmcclure Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2014
    TX
    I'm sure one of you know, but how many dealers are there in the US, and then NA too?