488 with Capristo and Novitec Springs | FerrariChat

488 with Capristo and Novitec Springs

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by wasax.rc, Apr 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    Finally got my mods in on the 488. Added Novitec Springs and Capristo Exhaust and Power Box..... I love the lowered profile of the car and my god, the exhaust is finally right. Sounds amazing and like it should have from the factory. The seat of pants meter with the Capristo Power Box is a big thumbs up, not that the car wasn't fast before, but my god.....frightening... Big thanks to Vince and Chaz and Blackhorse Motorwerks for doing the work they are the best guys where I am. Also big thanks to Mike at Yellow Compass for the Capristo pricing and service....

488-164
    Published April 16, 2018 at 2160 × 1440 in Ferrari 488 GTB Capristo Exhaust and NOVITEC Coilovers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Great looking ride! how is the handling feel with the new springs?

3. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    Thinking of doing the same to my new 488 gtb. Do you really like the power and sound from the Capristo? I'm friends with my Mike at Yellow Compass, and hes actually very local to me. I'm actually looking to have Fonsi, who has a shop next door to Mike, do the install. Hes a master Ferrari tech, and has an amazing shop!

Sent from my SM-G955U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    Drove it a while last weekend, I think the handling feel is better, I mean it handled well before and it's only about an inch lower maybe a hair more but I did think the front end was stickier with better response. The power is unbelievable, again already a fast car but it goes to the wilder side of fast, feels a bit more violent like my tuned F12 now, I wasn't expecting much out of the power box but gotta tell you, seat of pants meter is really good. I love the sound totally changes the car for me. I had my shop in KC do the work and Mike was such a stud about delivery and pricing. I say it's a must do, best 10K i've spent on mods because the sound is now as it should be. When you open it up, my god it's good.

5. bagelboy

bagelboy Karting

Apr 18, 2016
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Henry D.
    Thanks for the follow up. I'm now convinced that this is the way I want to go. Happy motoring!

6. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    NP you will love it.....I'm sort of surprised how much it changed the car.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Looks so much better lowered.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It looks great lowered and Ive tossed around the idea of doing the same to my GTB. I spoke to the dealer and they dont recommend it and any after market parts void the warranty on that part of the car. But I still want to do it but the loss of warranty has me freaked out.. :(

9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    You can lower on the stock setup + springs shouldn't void warranty.

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    I'd get that in writing from the dealer.

PS. The look is subjective. The performance on back country roads questionable from what I've witnessed. Lowering like that really depends upon where you plan driving the car and the compromises you are prepared to accept for the sake of vanity.

11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its an adjustable suspension for a reason. It will never be a warranty issue. The cars come too high, they look like 4wd in the US. I believe Euro height is a bit lower.

12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Too high - too low - is subjective and, an opinion. I'm simply saying that if Ferrari warrants the car at a reduced ride height than what was supplied stock then best get that in writing. My own advice on that matter was not to do it as it impeded cooling to the rotors - as advised by Ferrari. The ducting was quoted as being tailored to the ride height. Maybe it doesn't matter for those who don't push the car.

13. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    how does that work? doesn't simply lowering it void warranty? I know looks are subjective but it looks much better lowered. The 488 is a 4x4 truck for some reason.

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Looking closely at 488 photographs on Ferrari's web site, it seems not all cars have the same set-up - some being lower than others.

15. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It is a coilover I believe and should be as simple as tightening down on the springs. I had the dealer do my last car and then align it. No warranty issue at all and I agree about the 4x4 comment.

Some prefer 3rd party springs but it really depends on what your after.

16. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    In the US cars always come a bit higher something to do with bumper height regulations.

17. wasax.rc

wasax.rc Karting

Apr 1, 2013
    Gh is right, it's a bumper height issue. My servicing dealer is cool about the springs, as long as they don't cause damage it's not a warranty issue. I don't track this one so less worried about heat. I just like them a little lower.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Heat wont be an issue either. I have tracked most of my cars and they have all been lowered (not slammed). Never had a problem.