512S Owners Manual, 36/70 | FerrariChat

512S Owners Manual, 36/70

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ed Niles, Jan 6, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I have the above manual, and a buyer has asked if it as an original. Does anyone know if someone made reprints of this item? Mine appears original, has a red cover and hard plastic binding on the spine, and has nothing to indicate that it's a reprint. The only thing that makes me suspicious is that the manuals seem to be more plentiful than the cars!

On this general topic, the FOC (SoCal) made a bunch of reprints of the 250LM brochure some years back, so be careful. They are easy to spot as the one they copied had a fold mark which came through on the copies.

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ed- The soft copy I have has a red outer and inner front cover and glossy white outer cover. I sold my real one years ago.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

3. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ed,

This is slightly off topic, but there was a time when you could download ALL manuals from Ferrari (road cars and specifically the 512s), from the Ferrari Owners site.

All the manuals were downloadable in pdf form including the Euro variants. I have not checked the upgraded site to see if this is still possible. The last time I went to the Ferrari Owners site it did not appear to give that feature.

Does anyone remember browsing these old manuals before Ferrari revamped the site?

Steve

4. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
  5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  6. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #6 Martin308GTB, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    Hello from Germany,

does it look like this ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-512-S-Owner-s-Manual-36-70_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3efbc9ea19QQitemZ270512286233QQptZMotorsQ5fManualsQ5fLiterature

What a rip-off; I have myriads of those plastic spines in my office for quick binding purposes. And yes; I have also downloaded that manual years ago from the owner's site but never would think about the idea to launch such an offer.

BTW; while you could download ALL available Ferrari manuals and homologation papers some time ago; in the meantime they altered the system and now you only can download paperwork concerning the car you really own --- and are registered with.

If someone's interested in the 512S pdf from the former owners site, drop me a PM with a valid e-mail address and I would gladly send it. It's one of the smaller files compared to newer manuals. ( ~ 3MB )

Best regards

Martin

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Martin- You are correct. It is a reprint. Anybody who paid EU 1725 for that could have printed their own.

Steven- The Ferrari Owner's site originally had tons of OMs you could download. When they changed the site from ferrariusa.com to ferrari.com, access to the OMs was limited to the Ferrari type(s) registered on the site.

Ed- If you want a soft copy of the 512S OM, I can send you a CD with it or even e-mail it to you. it is less than 3Mb.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

8. Ale67

Ale67 Rookie

Oct 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alessandro Giuliato
    [...]

If someone's interested in the 512S pdf from the former owners site, drop me a PM with a valid e-mail address and I would gladly send it. It's one of the smaller files compared to newer manuals. ( ~ 3MB )

Best regards

Martin[/QUOTE]
    Hello from Italy, Martin!
    Would it be possible for you to send me the 512S owner manual in .pdf? It's been a lifetime I've been searching for it; sorry I'm not able to send you a PM, so if you are so kind, my mail is [email protected]
    Thank you so much for your kindness
    Alex

9. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Alex,
    you have mail.

Best Regards