550 Euro spec - has anyone wired in an OBD port on one | FerrariChat

550 Euro spec - has anyone wired in an OBD port on one

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by bighornchris, Jun 3, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bighornchris

bighornchris Rookie

Apr 5, 2015
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Chris
    To all, I have a euro spec 1998 550 that lacks an OBD port. I have a WSM for a North American spec car, with a wiring diagram in it. Before I get really creative, I am hoping to find that one of you has had experience with ADDING and OBD port to a euro spec.

I cannot imagine that the SD1 or SD2 system reads from different sensors than OBD does, or that the ECU's or wiring for the euro or North American spec cars differ, in any meaningful way, but I need your assistance.

If any of you can, please tell me if you have ever added an OBD port, or if not, can one of you wiring wizards tell me which wires I need to tap into in order to install an OBD port on my car. Wherever your OBD wires go, is where I want mine to go...

If any of you know the best people to ask, even if outside the forum, do share.

Any guidance will assist. I posted a request previously, but heard crickets. Let me know what you can.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Jon von bonbon on fchat has my ex German 550 imported and federalize to USA spec 0bd2 with the connector. He is on the east end of Canada. Maybe if you are close you can look at the wiring under the drivers footwell at the connector setup. It works perfect and used to pass smog in California.

3. bighornchris

bighornchris Rookie

Apr 5, 2015
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks for the help

I have sent him a message asking for his help. Did you do the wiring, or have it done? If you had it done, do you recall the name of the joint that did it for you. Clearly, the convenience of having the OBD installed is pretty obvious. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again for the quick response. Chris (780) 909-2040