550 ground clearance: question from Belgium | Page 2 | FerrariChat

550 ground clearance: question from Belgium

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Simmerl, Mar 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I sent an email to the «leader» of air cups, Phantom Suspention, and here is their reply... A standard kit from other suppliers is about 6-700 dollars. But I have not yet found any suppliers that can offer cups that are big enough... The positive side with these from Phantom is that they proclaim that you can run the car with air pressure in them while at speed. Might be be a sort of air cushioned ride. But then again, I don’t want to drive 200 mph. with a suspention that is not set up by the factory!

«
    Hey Erik,

Kennedy (the owner) told me to reach out to you and go over a few things about the kit.

The good news is, you're in luck as far as a Ferrari compatible kit, we have done a few notable exotics including Kato's Liberty Walk 458.

Our kits are all machined in house out of aircraft grade billet aluminum, made to order. Being made to order we have complete control over the process from start to finish and even offer free assembly if you ship us or bring us your coilovers to install the kit on them.

Being the spring diameter size that you have, we do have to change those out for swift springs, usually a set of 2 for your car runs about 200-300 depending on specs, etc.

As far as the cup kit goes, the kit itself with manual management is $2400 for the front and $3200 for the full kit, of course this price can go up depending on coilovers and other accessories added on.

We actually have so much experience with installing on exotic cars we even offer a special custom tank (for an additional price) that is smaller and tucks away in the trunk area.

Being that you are in europe, I don't see you being able to necessarily bring us the car, but do you have a shop in mind that would be doing the install ?

I appreciate the fact that you sent us a picture of the suspension set up itself, that helps out a lot.

Did you see the video on our site going over the kit and how it works?

--
    Robert Kochis
    Phantom Suspension
    "The Original Patented Cup Kit"»