550 OBD2 PinOut | FerrariChat

550 OBD2 PinOut

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ferraridriver, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 ferraridriver, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Anyone have any idea where I can find a pinout diagram for the OBD2 port on a 550?

Specifically I want to find the tach wire/location

I'll take any location where I can tap into the tach signal, I know there is one on the OBD2 connector because my Garmin can show a tach with the correct RPMs when I have it hooked up to the OBD2 port.

2. dodici

dodici Karting

Mar 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA.
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I doubt if there is a tach wire on the OBD2 port. I would think that your Garmin sends the OBD2 command to add a tach data stream to the OBD2 data that is being send to your Garmin and it decodes it to give you what you are seeing.

3. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I found it on, of all places, the back of the tach.
    Pretty clever of me huh?

F456M likes this.
  4. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Are you going to make red LEDs on the steering wheel...? :)

5. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Another question: I want to splice in a thin wire from the sport button, so that when it is on, the exhaust valves are always open. When off, the system works automatic like normal. I know the output to the solenoid halve are 5V and should not get a 12-14V current. So in essensen, a part of the engine’s wiring loom. But which voltage is on the SPORT switch output which is obviously connected to the ECU? Can i put a ”thing” that reduce the volt to 5V in between? And do I need a diode or something too, to avoid power going the wrong direction back to the ECU when it is not supposed to have power when the ECU says ”valves closed” and at the same time the SPORT switch is on and says ”valves open”....? Thanks, Erik.

6. Cribbj

Cribbj Formula 3

Leave it to a mechie to figure out electrical stuff :)