575 immobilizer location? | FerrariChat

575 immobilizer location?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by bellwilliam, Dec 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bellwilliam

bellwilliam Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2014
    where is 575 immobilizer? is it under passenger seat or behind it?
    if it is behind the passenger seat, any instruction? before I start pulling things apart. thanks.

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    What are you trying to do?

3. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    remove immobilizer

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Ok, you realize when you do, you will have a very large paperweight?

5. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    If I ask where the fuel tank is, you think I don’t know that the car will no longer run after I remove it? Don’t assume others are idiots pls

Never cross your mind the number one reason people remove it is to send it in for codes?

6. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Bell- Get a WSM. It shows where all the ECUs are including the alarm ECU.

Dave rocks likes this.
  7. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I didn't assume anything. My last post was a joke which I assumed was obvious. I actually come here to attempt to help people as I was doing in your other thread.

8. Steen Jensen

Steen Jensen Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2009
    This should help you out...

DOWORKFCAR likes this.
  9. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    Thanks. But that’s a 550. Which is under passenger seat. I have a 575, I believe it is behind passenger seat.

I am gonna try behind seat first. Will report back.

10. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    Dave: thanks for the help.

11. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    for future reference:

in 575, it is indeed behind passenger seat. using Dave's pictures, I was able to remove it in 3 minutes.

1. move carpet aside, carpet is held down by rubber weatherstrip. no screws or snaps.
    2. remove x4 8mm nuts holding down the triangle plate
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. remove x3 8mm nuts holding down the immobilizer. Ferrari Fob only needed the large box.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Dave rocks likes this.
  12. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Awesome! At some point I should remove that to get a new red fob coded from it. However, right now I am having too much fun driving the car.

13. Steen Jensen

Mar 29, 2009
    Thks for posting. I need to do this too.

Are you removing to get new red Fob? If so , let us know how it goes...

14. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    yes, I removed it to get a new red FOB. mine only came with 1 black FOB and no codes. so I am getting 1 new red FOB, 1 new black FOB and re-code my black FOB, also a code sheet. both Ferrari Fob and ECU Doctor quoted me similar price. $875 to $900.

Steen Jensen and docapl like this.
  15. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Please keep us posted on the process.

16. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    Thanks for emailing the photos! They're now live on the site and your discount has been applied.

bellwilliam likes this.
  17. bellwilliam

Oct 25, 2014
    just got the fobs and immobilizer back from Ferrarifob.com

I am impressed with Mark at Ferrarifob. He replies to my emails usually within an hour or two, if not minutes. turnaround was 24 hours !!
    Everything worked as advertised. He even included a printed card with my car's serial # and the codes !! top notch service.

install was super easy as few posts above, just x7 8mm nuts and bolts (note this is on a 575). There is a 6 inch red wire attached to the immobilizer, which is an antenna. I added extra 2 feet of wire to it, hoping to get more range? I tucked it along the door rubber. not sure if that helps.

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    It helps on the 360, so probably will on the 575M.

19. Steen Jensen

Mar 29, 2009
    bellwilliam

Thanks for the prog report.

20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    OK guys today I just did the worlds very first full Ferrari 575M Immobilizer delete. I can also adjust the delay of immobiizer reactivation which is set at 29.44 seconds as default which is pretty damn quick when your fumbling around with a key. So you can for instance (instead of deleting it entirely) just increase its timeout to reactivate to say 2 minutes.

This is done within the Ignition ecu's firmware itself (and is entirely reversible too) so old Bosch fobs are no longer required. This follows in the footsteps of the delete I've done on the 360, Challenge Stradale, F430, 430 Scuderia and (soon to be completed 612). The engine can then be started on the key and I can even show you how to remove the immobilizer units entirely from the vehicle. Since they have soldered in mechanical relays and are 'always powered on' even when engine is off this can have a very positive impact on battery lifespan. On the 360 I couldn't get more than a week off the charger and now I can do a full month and still start! This was of course because I hadn't realized it but the relays where faulty and flapping between states wasting precious battery! Its more common than you'd think or expect!

I'd obviously recommend in the case of a full delete to get an insurance approved immobilizer fitted which cuts 2 circuits, typically fuel and starter.
    If you need or want this PM me for more information.

I can also offer a secondary o2 delete too which means you can go full catless or sports cats without worry about any CEL's. I can even alter precise details about when exhaust valves open and close, if you want a customized setup its all possible...

PAUL500 likes this.