575 on BAT | Page 10 | FerrariChat

575 on BAT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jonsav, Feb 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm surprised to see 355s selling for strong money on BAT but 575s are not.

2. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Lots of people are missing out, I can't think of anything else in the $90k range of the 575 that sold today that offers as exclusive a car with such performance

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Takes a lot of work wearing out a 575 clutch in 14,000 miles.

NE550 likes this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    "Damage to the front right of the car from 2006 is noted in the included Carfax, though no accidents are reported." What does that mean?

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    from following the auction conversation - there have been a couple more "sold" auctions on BaT that have later turned up back for sale at the dealer just like that 456....

6. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    BAT is honestly one of the dumbest websites out there. The audience is littered with misinformed "car guys". None of the higher end cars meet their reserve, forgive me id say 5% or less do, its just a tiny community of car enthusiasts that are really misinformed on car running costs and why people buy exotic cars. It's not always about speed its about buying rare artwork. I have paintings that are 6 figures and if you aren't an art guy then you wouldn't understand why an original Banksy piece in my condo is worth more than a decent home. On BAT so many comments about the nicer cars are about how they're overrated or too expensive to run or whatever and its just nauseating. I've said it before and ill say it again BAT is just the dumpster for dealers trying to dump cars that aren't selling, they try to dump them on there and some hit but most do not. The cheaper cars many sell, but the whole concept of an auction online for cars like this is just silly bc most people want to see the car in person before they fork over $100k+. You never know how many dings/dents/scratches are on it till you see it for yourself. You don't know if there are rattles when you drive it. You dont know if the radio works well. Auctions are great for certain things, I've spent fortunes buying artwork at auctions, but cars just do not work until you see it in person and with BAT unless its in your city, you just can't. BAT keeps taking those $99 listing fees from people for failed auctions so congrats to them.

When you see cars in person people will pay more. Take mecum a 2004 aston martin vanquish with 68,000 miles sold for $52k today. That car went through manheim here in ft lauderdale 2 months ago for $38k I had a dealer friend of mine bid up to $35k for me I was gonna grab it as a fun driver. Today someone paid almost $20k over what it sold for 2 months ago for an incredibly mediocre car bc they saw it in person and fell in love. There's a 2004 vanquish on ebay right now asking $65k with 17,000 miles. The guy today paid $57k total after fees......so auctions are great and people will overpay if they fall in love, but usually they do so in person.

7. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I just read through some of the comments. I see YouTube is not the only haven for idiotic negativity.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    BAT is so dumb i wish i owned a piece of it....

Il Tifoso and Laserguru like this.
  9. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    that car had an accident.. no surprise it didn't meet reserve on BAT

10. wrgray68

wrgray68 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 5, 2014
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Walker Gray
    Going back to the original car mentioned in this thread, 133702. I watched it run through Russo and Steele Monterey in 2016. Was a no sale at $104k. I spoke to the seller rep right after it ran and they wanted $142k. Same mileage that it had when it ran through BaT this year. That car sat around for a long time just to take a loss (presumably). Wonder why they didn't try to run it through Mecum or Russo again. Throw some 19" modulars on it to add some "pop" and someone has a damn cool car at a good price.