575 on BAT | Page 6 | FerrariChat

575 on BAT

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jonsav, Feb 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    nothing could be MORE stupid than a NO RESERVE auction in an environment that has problem of too few bidders. I love FerrariChat all the Type A personalities that think they're geniuses every little thing, especially when it comes to FerrariChat. gotta love this community! :D

2. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    You can lead a horse to water..... Good luck

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I welcome feedback and I realize we haven't or aren't doing everything perfect yet, but doing a No Reserve auction at this point when cars aren't even hitting wholesale numbers is STUPID! or better yet what seller is STUPID enough to do that. I will put the offer out there, if anyone wants to do a No Reserve auction starting at $10,000 I'm game. Why don't you step up?

4. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Exactly, why would a seller want to list anything on your site, you won't ever hit whole sale numbers without viewers. Thats your job, to convince a seller that with no reserve your car would get the eyeballs and bids it needs.

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    IT- That makes no sense at all. Same as your response to someone asking for a site url for a 550.

6. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet you (tazandjan) or anyone else $10k that none of these cars meet reserve or get winning bids for the next 6 weeks. Do you have the cojones ?

As for me giving out sources for well priced cars, what do I benefit from that? Do your own homework. Or did you cheat your way through school too?

7. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    How is it the forum's (or forum Administrator's) job to tell sellers how to price their vehicles? That's up to the potential crop of buyers as a whole to determine what any given vehicle is worth.

8. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Out of curiosity, why the offensive, aggressive attitude toward long term contributors here? What do you think this will gain you except banned? Chill dude, unnecessary conflict goes seriously underappreciated on this board.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    seems to me that successful auction houses are more than just an auction. they are "events" think BJ.

that's what BaT brings.....

10. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You're criticizing Yellow Compass and the DB9 adversier right now but you're not being banned because it's allowed here. You got banned because you persisted, after being warned, in treating the ad section like the discussion section. The two sections have different rules, and the ad section rules apply whether the advertiser is a sponsor or an individual. Advertisers paid for an ad and they should be allowed to conduct their sale without being harassed about whether their pricing is reasonable or unreasonable. Discussion section is different. If you don't like a price, start a thread in the appropriate sub-forum and have at it.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think FerrariChat can do that too, we're a community of many things, part of which can be a fun auction environment. I think some of the feedback I had problems with was too focused on just doing auctions and not considering the entire community.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  12. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I don't think it would be very easy to find a seller willing to put there car for sale on a brand new auction with an uncertain amount of bidders with no reserve.

Do you?

If so, great. Let me tell you about my auction service. Please list your car with me at no reserve. It will probably be fine. Interested?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It would be HUGE success if we can get a winning bid in next 3-6 months. It took 3-4 years before sponsors recognized the value of advertising on FerrariChat and longer than that for FerrariChat to become some of the best Ferrari classifieds. Auctions haven't been our business at all, most forums don't do auctions, and many new online auction sites like SD have struggled to get off ground even with great systems. I think our competitive advantage is we already have critical mass of Ferrari buyers and sellers, but we may not be able to make the leap beyond that community just using FerrariChat for discussions and classifieds.

paulchua likes this.
  14. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    what about running the auctions in the corresponding model forums ? (you could link them also thru the auctions tab) with a sticky thread that would resemble a for sale post. people bids would show up as a posts. we could see who is bidding and have a discussion on the car, etc.

15. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    IT- What has that got to do with the tripe you are spouting? You trying for the troll-in-chief job?

rob lay likes this.
  16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The BB just hit wholesale territory! That's great news as the first two auctions didn't. Guess we just need to be patient, not expecting an overnight success.

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Chill, everyone. This is obviously one of those AI bots that take on the characteristics of the people interacting with it. It must have been on an impolite and solipsistic forum before. Let's be nice to it and watch it become courteous and well-mannered, and a beneficial and valued addition to this community.

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    on FerrariChat and got banned for the exact same ******* behavior. :)

19. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    LOL he's more likely just what his screen name says he is. He comes on and tells us he has all these cars he's looking at below market value yet wont share any of them bc he's hoarding them for himself even though he hasn't bought or shown any pictures of anything he has. Next he will say how he is so much richer than us and doesn't need to prove it and rant on and on. The reality is 550 asking prices are pretty high, doesn't seem like many are moving. There is one at black horse in naples at $169k....and its been there for 2 years...no joke 2 years...I called in 2 years ago and made an offer was rejected and 2 years later the car is still there at the same price. So yes owners of such machines have tons of money and do not have to give in to get theirs sold, but at the same time the "market" price varies based on color and condition. 2 575 cars just went in the mid 80s on BAT, they were both silver/gray. The red 575 on BAT now is up to $110k with a few hours to go. So in reality, the market is what we thought it was, Ferrari buyers are picky and want good cars and colors they desire. Gray/Silver cars are gorgeous, but the market is speaking and red ones are in higher demand, at least on BAT they are. If there are sub $100k 550's running around they're probably in need of another $20-30k in work. A simple major + clutch + water pump + tires could get you close alone.

paulchua likes this.
  20. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    Hey guys not a bot, nor an owner of a 550 (yet). I just found a red one for $60k no stories. Maybe I'll grab it and sell it and wait for a green one. I hate red Ferrari's with a passion.

21. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Send me some pics, I'm a sucker for an old land rover (much to my detriment).

22. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    The only way a no story 550 is asking $60k is if it has 100k miles, maybe not even then. Can you just go away already? You keep posting nonsense about cars that dont exist. You're a new poster but everything you post is just nonsense.

23. JayEff

JayEff Karting

Aug 8, 2017
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    John
    One thing about this thread... it's entertaining.

24. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i got a call from megan fox..... thinking about meeting her for drinks....

Il Tifoso and Chupacabra like this.
  25. 1taliantrash

1taliantrash Karting
    BANNED

Dec 30, 2017
    It has 33,000 miles on it, Rosso corsa and some horrible 20" rims. Like I said it doesn't benefit me to disclose my sources. but if you have any money to put up we can make an open bet on this forum and I'll provide the sources, links and all. How about $5k?